• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bath road rage woman :-)"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    The parking isn't the issue, maybe the guy was filming it to report the owner to the police, maybe it was for his own entertainment.

Either way, that wasn't the big issue. The reason it spread online was the stupid woman following him, threatening to blackmail him etc.

Only 1 of her 2 stupid actions made it really noteworthy.
    Exactly

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I bet you wish someone had been around filming that mini driver parking?
    No. the retribution was ample without theft, criminal damage, vandalism or posting them on the internet for public shaming.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    But not uncommon in that wonderful city. Or restricted to Audi drivers. In fact white van man is normally the clot that is clogging that road.

The other week a friend had to come out and rescue my wife because some equally thoughtless person had shoved a mini into a parking space so close to my wife's drivers door, she couldn't even get down the side of the car let alone open the door. We are talking about just about enough room needed for a wing mirror.
    I still want to know how they got out themselves.
    The parking isn't the issue, maybe the guy was filming it to report the owner to the police, maybe it was for his own entertainment.

Either way, that wasn't the big issue. The reason it spread online was the stupid woman following him, threatening to blackmail him etc.

Only 1 of her 2 stupid actions made it really noteworthy.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    But not uncommon in that wonderful city. Or restricted to Audi drivers. In fact white van man is normally the clot that is clogging that road.

The other week a friend had to come out and rescue my wife because some equally thoughtless person had shoved a mini into a parking space so close to my wife's drivers door, she couldn't even get down the side of the car let alone open the door. We are talking about just about enough room needed for a wing mirror.
    Was someone intimidating your wife?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I bet you wish someone had been around filming that mini driver parking?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You are not comparing like with like.

Parking a car three feet from the curb at right angles and intentionally blocking the traffic is not a private act. It is a public act against the public. It is contemptuous and typifies Audi drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Can't be bothered. and frankly I was less than courteous so he was due the apology.
    Thank you - accepted

However If he can't see that the fact that under our laws today it's was perfectly fine for a total stranger to instigate a fuss for a woman that had nothing to do with him and then wander off free to do whatever he liked with the resulting video. Then its a lost point.
    No - I see I need a "thicker crayon". I get it that you think this bloke "provoked" this woman by filming her driving.
    I get it that you would prefer it to be illegal for him to do what he did. I just totally disagree with you, for these reasons
    a)There is no practical way to make this illegal in a Western Liberal Democracy.
    b)To do so would be undesirable.
    c) I don't believe her reaction was in any way reasonable or understandable.
    The fact that the paparazzi use the same and worse tactics and freedoms to get a rise out the celebraties[sic] they follow just for the hope of a better picture and more money from the editors. This is also going to be lost on him. If those pictures involve upsetting the families and the friends, is also probably a lost point.
    I don't buy papers that print this rubbish - never have. I don't approve of it, but as I and others on here have pointed out to you repeatedly, you have a logic failure comparing some ordinary bloke (who you chose to casually insult for good measure) with the paps. They are not the same at all.

Because if I read the original post correctly his argument was that he like to see what humans got up to...

So its fine if someone else gets humiliated because its not him or his family, They are just entertainment and its all their own fault...
    As I told you when I answered that point, I will gladly take my chances - but you keep repeating your view of what I think rather than what I clearly told you.

For me the point that if you don't do anything weird, you won't become a meme is tenuous to say the least...
    Well that's your view - perhaps based on the way you conduct yourself - I can understand you might be troubled by the idea that while you were punching that bloke and stealing his phone, I might be on the other side of the street filming you on mine. You can't fault the logic, though - if you don't do crap (or funny) things, you won't go viral on You Tube.

People or what ever your name is I suggest you take a wider trip around our wonderful internet and take a look at some of the places where unwanted images can and do show up without consent or control. Figure out if you would be comfortable with your daughter plastered over a few of them. For the record I don't think that any image of you or your family should be made available for public consumption. Sorry if that point was lost on you I will use a thicker crayon next time. I think private is exactly that, PRIVATE. Even if you are on all fours down a darkened ally puking your guts up. No one should have the automatic right to release that image for kicks, giggles, revenge or money...

Your argument against this view is short sighted: Are you seriously telling me that you don't think that your daughter will ever get drunk, shagged or high in an environment were people will take photos of stuff that was funny at the time? Even Facebook is about to become a massive time bomb of unwanted reminders, and inappropriate content as people strive to keep professional lives away from private parties all open to a right click save for a repost later... you don't even need to go near any of the darker image boards...
    The point isn't lost on me, I DISAGREE PROFOUNDLY with you and your advocacy of draconian censorship.

So people do bad stuff - now it's on the internet. That's bad in some cases - but not always. That aside you are like (the commonly repeated myth version of) Canute if you think you can stop it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Figure out if you would be comfortable with your daughter plastered over a few of them.
    If my daughter wwre stupid enough to do something silly in publicthen she deserves it. In this case the "lady" was not only humiliating herself but causing annoyance to alot of others.

I think private is exactly that, PRIVATE.
    This "lady" was on the PUBLIC highway. Well blocking it in fact...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Can't be bothered. and frankly I was less than courteous so he was due the apology.

However If he can't see that the fact that under our laws today it's was perfectly fine for a total stranger to instigate a fuss for a woman that had nothing to do with him and then wander off free to do whatever he liked with the resulting video. Then its a lost point. The fact that the paparazzi use the same and worse tactics and freedoms to get a rise out the celebraties they follow just for the hope of a better picture and more money from the editors. This is also going to be lost on him. If those pictures involve upsetting the families and the friends, is also probably a lost point.

Because if I read the original post correctly his argument was that he like to see what humans got up to...

So its fine if someone else gets humiliated because its not him or his family, They are just entertainment and its all their own fault...

For me the point that if you don't do anything weird, you won't become a meme is tenuous to say the least...

People or what ever your name is I suggest you take a wider trip around our wonderful internet and take a look at some of the places where unwanted images can and do show up without consent or control. Figure out if you would be comfortable with your daughter plastered over a few of them. For the record I don't think that any image of you or your family should be made available for public consumption. Sorry if that point was lost on you I will use a thicker crayon next time. I think private is exactly that, PRIVATE. Even if you are on all fours down a darkened ally puking your guts up. No one should have the automatic right to release that image for kicks, giggles, revenge or money...

Your argument against this view is short sighted: Are you seriously telling me that you don't think that your daughter will ever get drunk, shagged or high in an environment were people will take photos of stuff that was funny at the time? Even Facebook is about to become a massive time bomb of unwanted reminders, and inappropriate content as people strive to keep professional lives away from private parties all open to a right click save for a repost later... you don't even need to go near any of the darker image boards...
    You are not comparing like with like.

Parking a car three feet from the curb at right angles and intentionally blocking the traffic is not a private act. It is a public act against the public. It is contemptuous and typifies Audi drivers.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Never apologise and never explain, it's a sign of weakness!

You sort 'im out Bob!

However If he can't see that the fact that under our laws today it's was perfectly fine for a total stranger to instigate a fuss for a woman that had nothing to do with him and then wander off free to do whatever he liked with the resulting video. Then its a lost point. The fact that the paparazzi use the same and worse tactics and freedoms to get a rise out the celebraties they follow just for the hope of a better picture and more money from the editors. This is also going to be lost on him. If those pictures involve upsetting the families and the friends, is also probably a lost point.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Some of the "reviews" are uncalled for, but lots are just funny.
    Sarah Duncan

Her knitwear is of inferior quality, as if the clothing is blocking off an essential lane of my body, for the rest of my bodily traffic to drive around. Futhermore the clothing materials are of such intrusive construction that when worn you feel like you are being watched of filmed, and you pathetically beg to not be noticed or may even resort to charging false allegations of assault to restore the feeling of decency before you wore the clothes; if any at all had existed before - which is doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    My apologies. I really should not post while drunk. TBH had forgotten I even had until just now.

Sorry.
    Never apologise and never explain, it's a sign of weakness!

You sort 'im out Bob!

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    So, Bob, still posting, but no response to this. No guts, no decency.
    My apologies. I really should not post while drunk. TBH had forgotten I even had until just now.

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Ahh the sweet irony of that. You have a lot of mouth on here - accusing others of cowardice, playing the big "I am" saying you would beat people up and steal their phones, and ironically, wondering if people would have the "guts" to use their camera phone if they were facing a "six foot bloke".

Speaking as a >6ft bloke, with a daughter, I find your posting stupendously nasty and offensive to me, and my daughter, and I wonder if you'd say that to my face - I seriously doubt it. You are a nasty, small minded, hypocritcal cowardly troll with no guts and no brains.

Most of your postings on this topic contain zero logic - how you think there is any relationship between the death of an attention seeking tart who could even be bothered to put her own seatbelt on and was being driven by a drunk Chauffeur and me or anyone else posting the aggressive and nasty rantings of a woman who takes exception to being filmed in a public place (for what reason? - you have no answer to that) on You Tube is beyond the reasoning of any sane person.

Diana wasn't killed by my freedom to film you (as you so charmingly put it) being a twat and posting it in you tube.

I've got two bits of advice for you -

Don't be a twat in public and you'll never go viral on You Tube
    FOAD (seriously)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    So, Bob, still posting, but no response to this. No guts, no decency.
    And you expected what? Rational debate?

Here mate, put this back on, he ain't worth it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X