• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "In a perfect world..."

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nice. How did you find it?
    the usual way, he was searching for articles about disabled ethnic minority illegal immigrants causing house prices to soar whilst simultaneously increasing crime and cancer rates and how its all the EU's fault.
    The picture was second on google's results page... after CUK

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    So, leaving aside the climate change stuff that has no relevance to the thread, has anybody yet managed to come up with a well-reasoned defence of the Daily Mail? *doesn't hold breath*

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    So there IS reason to believe the DM serves up journalism with integrity on some topics, then?

I am all ears ...... Clear evidence that Daily Mail planned to use invented eyewitness accounts | Daily Mail Watch
    Probably the same reason that man has any influence over global warming -causing it or preventing it.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    So there IS reason to believe the DM serves up journalism with integrity on some topics, then?

I am all ears ...... http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/2011/10/0...ness-accounts/
    Last edited by pjclarke; 25 January 2012, 23:25.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I happen to follow climate science so I know it serves up garbage on that topic, no reason to believe it does anything else on other subjects
    What admirable logic. Not.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Of course not. But if the deniers get their way, we'll do nothing until its too late to prevent the islands submerging.

Sober up: world running out of time to keep planet from over-heating

Besides, my point was about the unreliability of the Daily Epic Fail, I happen to follow climate science so I know it serves up garbage on that topic, no reason to believe it does anything else on other subjects.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    pjclarke ranting on like anyone gives a tulip.

Have the Maldives gone yet?

Not yet, Parliament will probably go first

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    pjclarke ranting on like anyone gives a tulip.

Have the Maldives gone yet?

Leave a comment:

• EricBartlett
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wow attacked by a sockie
    Not sure how it feels.
    A bit like being nibbled by a dead sheep, I suppose.
    As an experienced chap in these internet forum things you should be aware that there is a difference between a newbie and a sockie.

but thanks for the poor paraphrase of a 70's gibe at Sir Geoff Howe - a very nice man. Dennis Healey was quite witty but you haven't quite reached his level.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    David Rose's climate science writing shows he has not learned from previous mistakes | George Monbiot | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Rosegate : Deltoid

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EricBartlett View Post
    ftfy

hth bidi
    Wow attacked by a sockie
    Not sure how it feels.
    A bit like being nibbled by a dead sheep, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Posted by a friend of a friend on facebook.

Or something.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Nice. How did you find it?

Leave a comment:

• EricBartlett
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    i can't add anything intelligent to this discussion so have a few meaningless smilies instead.
    ftfy

hth bidi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X