• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Answering the phone"

Collapse

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You manage to elude some CUK posters, though...
    Could you try to make your point more coherently?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Aww, I got Private Mail. I never get Private Mail.

Thankyou, you know who you are.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm not that hard to find
    You manage to elude some CUK posters, though...

I often worry about this. In the end, I took advice from this guy on how best to do it
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Did nick give any good advice? Just wondering if he has any different techniques than I use?
    Just try typing his name into Google - there's next to nothing there....
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    I can see quite a lot. Here is my earlier point, is he nick fitzgerald or nick fitzsimons who is a web application developer? I see loads of hits.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I think it's now clear that this slip up by by DA was a cunning ruse to get more contacts from a group of contractors that he secretly admires and respects.

Come on Dodgy, how many new contacts do you have as a result of this?
    WPLS

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I now know the names of at least 6 of you. The challenge is guessing which one relates to which member
    I have never been so popular
    I'm not that hard to find

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Is this on your profile?
    nope, not me, do u think my name is Branko?
    Last edited by chef; 26 January 2012, 10:02.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Is this on your profile?

I have been asked to connect with a Bosnian ex army surveillance man. The question is why?
    Although I need people with investigation skills - he wouldnt know that - this may be a bit more than I bargained for.
    In his profile he describes himself as

Over 19+ years of experience in military, intelligence and security operations environments with demonstrated success. Operational and tactical planning, logistical management, counter surveillance, protective sweeps, advances, detail formations and armored vehicle motorcade movements in support of protective security operations.

On the other hand this time next year I might have my own motorcade and be grateful for someone like him
    Menelaus

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Mine shouldn't be so hard given you know the city I live in.
    Is this on your profile?

I have been asked to connect with a Bosnian ex army surveillance man. The question is why?
    Although I need people with investigation skills - he wouldnt know that - this may be a bit more than I bargained for.
    In his profile he describes himself as

Over 19+ years of experience in military, intelligence and security operations environments with demonstrated success. Operational and tactical planning, logistical management, counter surveillance, protective sweeps, advances, detail formations and armored vehicle motorcade movements in support of protective security operations.

On the other hand this time next year I might have my own motorcade and be grateful for someone like him

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I now know the names of at least 6 of you. The challenge is guessing which one relates to which member
    Mine shouldn't be so hard given you know the city I live in.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I think it's now clear that this slip up by by DA was a cunning ruse to get more contacts from a group of contractors that he secretly admires and respects.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    3rd level contact for me via my current agent and some of his contacts.

Dodgy, on linkedin, you need to either remove the first link for your company website (the .com trees one, not the .co.uk) as it links to a page that is under construction or get the site built, as it's the domain name for your email address.

For me, if a new agent sends me a mail, the first thing I do is take the domain name part of it and do some background looking for that co, it doesn't give a good impression if that domain links to a non existing site.

FFS, if you've had the company for 6 years according to LinkedIn, how long does it take to build a website?

I like the pic though, it says sucessful Tory supporter to me.

HTH
    Chef
    Done it chef. As for the website yes the company is new but it is still my business though I have changed the model. On linkedin I want to give the hew business a sense of longevity. The branding has not been in sync with the actual activities for quite some time and I want to change this.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    If I had worked there I would probably answer the phone by saying "Hello, Fu Kim Sushi and Seafood Buffet. How may I help you?" because that was its real name before it closed down. But I would have said it in a Texan accent, because that's where it was.

Here is a picture of it without the unconvincing photoshop job and surprisingly sharp shadow for such a cloudy day:

Gone But Not Forgotten. fu-kim Sushi & Seafood Buffet in Baybrook. Photo September 16, 2001. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    good background work but surely then they would answer "fu kim"

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    3rd level contact for me via my current agent and some of his contacts.

Dodgy, get rid of the trees .com link on your linked in profile, it links to a non-existant website

I like the pic though, it says sucessful Tory supporter to me.

HTH
    Chef
    Last edited by chef; 26 January 2012, 09:27.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    If I had worked there I would probably answer the phone by saying "Hello, Fu Kim Sushi and Seafood Buffet. How may I help you?" because that was its real name before it closed down. But I would have said it in a Texan accent, because that's where it was.

Here is a picture of it without the unconvincing photoshop job and surprisingly sharp shadow for such a cloudy day:

Gone But Not Forgotten. fu-kim Sushi & Seafood Buffet in Baybrook. Photo September 16, 2001. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    3rd for me. But I'm not an active user really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X