• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "involuntary spasm attack. How is it little old me can be entering agreement directly."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    and on unsuccessfully delivery due to factors beyond your control or cancellation halfway through the project?

That is where his extensive liability insurance kicks in.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Rate? Silly boy. Not on rate hourly/daily rate territory anymore.

3% of the project value for successful delivery of the project. And it's not a quarter pounder.
    and on unsuccessfully delivery due to factors beyond your control or cancellation halfway through the project?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

3% of the project value for successful delivery of the project. And it's not a quarter pounder.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Doesn't that make them a multi-billion company? Or are you including the numbers after the decimal point
    Alright alright keep it down, you'll out Sherlock out of job you will.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Dubai not an option anymore?
    Too dusty.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Turnover in the 10 figure region.
    Doesn't that make them a multi-billion company? Or are you including the numbers after the decimal point

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Dubai not an option anymore?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What's the rate they are allegedly paying you?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    entering agreement directly with a multi million pound company?

Congratulations! I've just done the same myself. Told them what I wanted, handed over my £2.19, and that quarter pounder with cheese was mine!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    What's the rate they are allegedly paying you?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Well done in going direct!

It does, I do, it's my plan A.
    Cheers.

3rd direct client on the books now. Trust and confidence is all it takes, for the UK businesses corporate nonsense usually gets in the way but not always.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Still sounds like a SME to me. I've worked for a SME that was 'global'. It just had a small office in a few other countries where it could hire a few support or sales staff, and sell its widgets under a local company name.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    What are the chances of him ending up back in the UK and suddenly deciding it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?
    About the same as throwing to paper clip made out of paper to take out a passing bullet zooming it's way to sasguru's temple, slim to non-existent.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I thought the OP was moving to <placeholder for next country>?
    Austria is a 30 minute drive away. I know folks in Hampshire that treble that time on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    What are the chances of him ending up back in England and suddenly deciding it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?
    FTFY

Chances are pretty high, although his crap reputation means he'll probably be on the dole

Leave a comment:

Working...
X