• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nine Euro Nations’ Ratings Cut, Seven Affirmed by S&P"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Bet they didn't write this report...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its not english but its correct. Today is a US bank holiday so nothing much is happening.

It's
    it's

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you speak English?!?!
    Its not english but its correct. Today is a US bank holiday so nothing much is happening.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    US holiday.... favourite sport on a holiday is hours of consolidation followed by a stophunt or short squeeze.
    Do you speak English?!?!

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    US holiday....

favourite sport on a holiday is hours of consolidation followed by a stophunt or short squeeze.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Yep. Moody's also upholding France's AAA rating.
    Spoilsports!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The crash seems to be a bit of a damp squib, in fact the Euro is up on the pound.
    Yep. Moody's also upholding France's AAA rating.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The crash seems to be a bit of a damp squib, in fact the Euro is up on the pound.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Anything going on?
    Euro falls to an 11 year low against the Yen. I don't know how I saw that coming without years of training, complicated software and plenty of research.

In other news suity predicts a run on the French banks, BNP Paribas and Soc Gen this morning

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm.
    Anything going on?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Over the shorter time horizons, the market is technical and 100% manipulated. Look at a chart and see how many times a low or high was spiked out, only for price to promptly turn the other way against the "trend".
    Small amendment made above.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Pre-market? Is this actual values that would indicate the opening behaviour?

Edit : While I appreciate the warning, I am also interested in picking your brains as to how to profit from this situation. Do you think you could cut out the lofty sneering bit and come up with some alternatives? Short pos on the euro are at record high, I'm thinking of doing the same, so how does this make me mincemeat exactly? So long as I deposit enough cash to sit out the swings the net trend should be down, in theory, right?
    You need to spend 1000's of hours of screen time to trade this market. It's not like switching from say C++ to Java. It's an entirely new career that demands time, effort and study.

Trading with the fundamentals is definitely not the way to go, nor is following the sheep who are all net short. They will get slaughtered.

The market is technical and 100% manipulated. Look at a chart and see how many times a low or high was spiked out, only for price to promptly turn the other way against the "trend".

Once you realise this and trade with the market maker's stop-hunts, you are halfway there.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 15 January 2012, 14:16.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied

Edit : While I appreciate the warning, I am also interested in picking your brains as to how to profit from this situation. Do you think you could cut out the lofty sneering bit and come up with some alternatives? Short pos on the euro are at record high, I'm thinking of doing the same, so how does this make me mincemeat exactly? So long as I deposit enough cash to sit out the swings the net trend should be down, in theory, right?
    There are no guarantees. The market may have already priced in all the bad news. Sometimes, after bad news comes out, the market will rise because the uncertainty factor has been removed.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Put your wallet away mate. They will make mincemeat of you.

By the way, guaranteed stops will protect you, but they also help IGIndex to scr£w you as the minimum stoploss distance is something like 30 pips from your entry. so you don't get to move your position to breakeven until 30 pips in profit, whereas a regular stop can be as close as you like.

There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm. Download a demo MT4 platform from OandA and you will see it. Spreads are stupid though.

Oh, and the sunday opening gap is designed to stop out anyone who was stupid enough to hold their position over the weekend.

Last edited by suityou01; 15 January 2012, 06:35.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    When is the opening on Sunday?

Edit : So would I open a spreadbet selling EURUSD at £10/pip (with sensible stop loss) before the market opens to profit from this?
    Put your wallet away mate. They will make mincemeat of you.

By the way, guaranteed stops will protect you, but they also help IGIndex to scr£w you as the minimum stoploss distance is something like 30 pips from your entry. so you don't get to move your position to breakeven until 30 pips in profit, whereas a regular stop can be as close as you like.

There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm. Download a demo MT4 platform from OandA and you will see it. Spreads are stupid though.

Oh, and the sunday opening gap is designed to stop out anyone who was stupid enough to hold their position over the weekend.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 15 January 2012, 00:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X