• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nine Euro Nations’ Ratings Cut, Seven Affirmed by S&P

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Pre-market? Is this actual values that would indicate the opening behaviour?

Edit : While I appreciate the warning, I am also interested in picking your brains as to how to profit from this situation. Do you think you could cut out the lofty sneering bit and come up with some alternatives? Short pos on the euro are at record high, I'm thinking of doing the same, so how does this make me mincemeat exactly? So long as I deposit enough cash to sit out the swings the net trend should be down, in theory, right?
    You need to spend 1000's of hours of screen time to trade this market. It's not like switching from say C++ to Java. It's an entirely new career that demands time, effort and study.

Trading with the fundamentals is definitely not the way to go, nor is following the sheep who are all net short. They will get slaughtered.

The market is technical and 100% manipulated. Look at a chart and see how many times a low or high was spiked out, only for price to promptly turn the other way against the "trend".

Once you realise this and trade with the market maker's stop-hunts, you are halfway there.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 15 January 2012, 14:16.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Over the shorter time horizons, the market is technical and 100% manipulated. Look at a chart and see how many times a low or high was spiked out, only for price to promptly turn the other way against the "trend".
      Small amendment made above.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

There is a pre-market that starts on sunday evening around 6pm.
        Anything going on?
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          Anything going on?
          Euro falls to an 11 year low against the Yen. I don't know how I saw that coming without years of training, complicated software and plenty of research.

In other news suity predicts a run on the French banks, BNP Paribas and Soc Gen this morning
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The crash seems to be a bit of a damp squib, in fact the Euro is up on the pound.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The crash seems to be a bit of a damp squib, in fact the Euro is up on the pound.
              Yep. Moody's also upholding France's AAA rating.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Yep. Moody's also upholding France's AAA rating.
                Spoilsports!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

US holiday....

favourite sport on a holiday is hours of consolidation followed by a stophunt or short squeeze.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

US holiday.... favourite sport on a holiday is hours of consolidation followed by a stophunt or short squeeze.
                    Do you speak English?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Do you speak English?!?!
                      Its not english but its correct. Today is a US bank holiday so nothing much is happening.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X