• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: JT

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "JT"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    "Not white" is far more racist than "coloured" imo.

And not all viewers were offended. I work with a black guy who finds the furore over Hansen's comment just as ridiculous as I do.
    The whole situation regarding "racism" is becoming more Salemesque each year.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I imagine any of the viewers who are not white (am I allowed to say that?)
    "Not white" is far more racist than "coloured" imo.

And not all viewers were offended. I work with a black guy who finds the furore over Hansen's comment just as ridiculous as I do.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    And who is "the victim" in this case?
    I imagine any of the viewers who are not white (am I allowed to say that?)

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    Ah but it is only necessary to be perceived to be racist by the victim, ergo Hansen is guilty
    And who is "the victim" in this case?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Hansen clearly had no racist intent.
    Ah but it is only necessary to be perceived to be racist by the victim, ergo Hansen is guilty

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Whippy
    replied
    And Stan Collymore of all people taking the moral high ground over Alan Hansen's comments.

Seriously, these people need to get a grip and stop making something out of nothing. Hansen clearly had no racist intent.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    True colours

Hansen now in trouble for remarks on last night MOTD during which he used the term "coloured".

BBC Sport - Alan Hansen apologises for TV remark

I don't know why it's black and white anyway. What's wrong with pink and brown? Are we all too yellow when people see red, or just green around the edges and enjoy feeling blue? Beats me, I'm snookered on this one.
    Last edited by PAH; 22 December 2011, 18:41.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    You can't call them coloured any more either!

Bit unusual as I thought that was the preferred term.
    I also believed that was acceptable

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Something stupider than a footballer:

Esteban Alvarado: Alkmaar goalkeeper attacks fan who ran on pitch | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    That card has been played and duly sentenced by fergies friend

I wonder if anything will actually happen to JT. The FA have double standards and I can see this going the same way as when Alan Shearer kicked Lennon in the face an d the FA gave him a snack on the hand as England were approaching a major tournament,
    Was it a prawn sandwich?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Footballer says something stupid shocker
    The shocker is that criminal charges were filed and CPS things there is better than 50% chance of securing conviction which is in public interest...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Footballer says something stupid shocker

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    According to reports he intends to "prove his innocence". I'm not sure how he intends to do this, given there's video footage of him shouting racist abuse, but maybe I'm not as bright as he is.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    How likely is it that Rio Ferdinand will be Terry's partner in central defence at the next tournament (he is remarkably injury prone lately).

I wonder if there will be any animosity given it was his younger brother on the receiving end of the abuse.
    I doubt it will be an issue because Rio probably won't be going. In the very unlikely event of him being (a) fit and (b) playing well enough, he could drop out like Wayne Bridge did.

It's JT's mission to see off an entire England back four before he retires.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    How likely is it that Rio Ferdinand will be Terry's partner in central defence at the next tournament (he is remarkably injury prone lately).

I wonder if there will be any animosity given it was his younger brother on the receiving end of the abuse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X