• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You can't call them coloured any more either!

Bit unusual as I thought that was the preferred term.
    I also believed that was acceptable

Comment

True colours

Hansen now in trouble for remarks on last night MOTD during which he used the term "coloured".

BBC Sport - Alan Hansen apologises for TV remark

I don't know why it's black and white anyway. What's wrong with pink and brown? Are we all too yellow when people see red, or just green around the edges and enjoy feeling blue? Beats me, I'm snookered on this one.
      Last edited by PAH; 22 December 2011, 18:41.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

And Stan Collymore of all people taking the moral high ground over Alan Hansen's comments.

Seriously, these people need to get a grip and stop making something out of nothing. Hansen clearly had no racist intent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
          Hansen clearly had no racist intent.
          Ah but it is only necessary to be perceived to be racist by the victim, ergo Hansen is guilty
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ah but it is only necessary to be perceived to be racist by the victim, ergo Hansen is guilty
            And who is "the victim" in this case?

Comment

And who is "the victim" in this case?
              I imagine any of the viewers who are not white (am I allowed to say that?)

Comment

I imagine any of the viewers who are not white (am I allowed to say that?)
                "Not white" is far more racist than "coloured" imo.

And not all viewers were offended. I work with a black guy who finds the furore over Hansen's comment just as ridiculous as I do.

Comment

"Not white" is far more racist than "coloured" imo.

And not all viewers were offended. I work with a black guy who finds the furore over Hansen's comment just as ridiculous as I do.
                  The whole situation regarding "racism" is becoming more Salemesque each year.

Comment

Working...
                  X