• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LinkedIn profiles - do you put your Ltd Co name there?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Thin ice sbakoola

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    idiot troll, damn you sir, it makes perfect sense to me ! don't want to be replaced by Mr. Plenty Cheaply Bob do ya.

No, seriously agents would stoop so low to get rid of you, tell lies about candidates etc. one agent talkedz about one of the contractors at my place to the boss quote "oh, he wasn't the one that got fired from place XYZ was he ...?" ... a complete fabrication so the boss would think twice about renewing him.
    I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't think Cojak is going to be impressed with that one

Sbakoola is our current idiot troll and I think he won this round
    idiot troll, damn you sir, it makes perfect sense to me ! don't want to be replaced by Mr. Plenty Cheaply Bob do ya.

No, seriously agents would stoop so low to get rid of you, tell lies about candidates etc. one agent talkedz about one of the contractors at my place to the boss quote "oh, he wasn't the one that got fired from place XYZ was he ...?" ... a complete fabrication so the boss would think twice about renewing him.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    So, Cojak is NLUK's Sockie ???????

I don't think Cojak is going to be impressed with that one

Sbakoola is our current idiot troll and I think he won this round

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Neither, if you advertise your current client co. on there it gives recruitment agents the initial info to try and replace you with one of their own candidates. If you advertise your Ltd on there its just another easy place for someone to get your director name and company providing them with a starting point to conduct a fraud on you (happened to a guy at work some random guy used his company name as a base to trade goods with which I think he never delivered any goods he claimed to have been selling - essentially a form of identity theft was performed !).
    Do you have that little faith in your own abilities that you are not good enough not to be replaced? Why a Client would go through the hassle of getting someone else in unless you are completely rubbish is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And as for a company website - are you mad??

As you can see - if you want to be treated like a business, act like one.

Else be an employee and don't bother...
    So, Cojak is NLUK's Sockie ???????

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Clearly a contractor should be like an assassin... if you don't know how to find one, you shouldn't be hiring one.

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied

Well put. My Ltd. company name is on LinkedIn as it's my business. Personal details are minimal; I've even warned friends who've put their DOB on there.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Neither, if you advertise your current client co. on there it gives recruitment agents the initial info to try and replace you with one of their own candidates. If you advertise your Ltd on there its just another easy place for someone to get your director name and company providing them with a starting point to conduct a fraud on you (happened to a guy at work some random guy used his company name as a base to trade goods with which I think he never delivered any goods he claimed to have been selling - essentially a form of identity theft was performed !).
    Damn right. As for giving out your phone number and email - far too risky.

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Do you like to be identified with the client co or Ltd Co and perhaps add 'projects' for each clientco.?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I have my LtdCo as my employer as well as each contract as separate entries, with current ClientCo named, but with a rider saying "Details to be populated at end of assignment"

Leave a comment:

• LinkedIn profiles - do you put your Ltd Co name there?

Do you like to be identified with the client co or Ltd Co and perhaps add 'projects' for each clientco.?

Working...
X