• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "advice re. conveyancing and local search"

Collapse

• ddv
    replied
    stars aligned today - local searches received.

thanks for the advice and general jokes anyhow chaps!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Definitely don't exchange and complete prior to the local searches coming back.

What would the situation be if you found that a Bypass is planned through your house in 2015.

IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    That's just for when he needs to go to his happy place.
    Ah. Peace and quiet.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So that's what this is:
    That's just for when he needs to go to his happy place.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's an office dammit!

They're executive toys for stress.
    So that's what this is:

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Have you got planning permission for that playroom, though??
    It's an office dammit!

They're executive toys for stress.

Leave a comment:

• ddv
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    To: conveyancing-forum.co.uk

Hello All,
    I am getting my first contract, have had my offer accepted and Ltd co ready to go.
    Basically everything is ready to go however the 'contract' has not yet been received.
    I am due to start on Wednesday and my agent has requested his percentage be transferred/paid in full in advance.
    I was told that we could still start on Wednesday WITHOUT a desk/login name/password/id card and was advised by the agent that I can take out an insurance policy with him for £29 to cover not ever getting paid.
    I was not told what the insurance is called nor how long it will last or any more specific details.
    Is this approach an acceptable one? My only fear is that the agent will stop finding jobs for me after Wednesday/completion - since I have transferred all the monies they will have little incentive to push for my benefit.
    any advice on next steps would be appreciated, i'm a newby to dealing with agents!
    nice!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yep, tell me about it.

I bought a car a few years back, turned out the fking thing had been owned by three taxi firms!

Wish I'd had an expert here check it out first.
    Sexy paintwork. I like the matt look.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    advice re. getting a new contract

To: conveyancing-forum.co.uk

Hello All,
    I am getting my first contract, have had my offer accepted and Ltd co ready to go.
    Basically everything is ready to go however the 'contract' has not yet been received.
    I am due to start on Wednesday and my agent has requested his percentage be transferred/paid in full in advance.
    I was told that we could still start on Wednesday WITHOUT a desk/login name/password/id card and was advised by the agent that I can take out an insurance policy with him for £29 to cover not ever getting paid.
    I was not told what the insurance is called nor how long it will last or any more specific details.
    Is this approach an acceptable one? My only fear is that the agent will stop finding jobs for me after Wednesday/completion - since I have transferred all the monies they will have little incentive to push for my benefit.
    any advice on next steps would be appreciated, i'm a newby to dealing with agents!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Shhhhhh. It's my new build.

Everything is fine. All houses have a tin mine in the garden. It's a feature.
    Have you got planning permission for that playroom, though??

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

But they aren't all advertised and 127 storey 3 bed townhouse with large cellar.

Leave a comment:

• ddv
    replied
    thanks for the responses guys - i didnt give the solicitor a firm go-ahead on the completion date without having received the local search.

tbh being my first property i had no idea whether this was the norm or not, i wasn't entirely happy hence the question asking...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sounds like you are using the solicitor suggested by the developer or the estate agent. They are trying to steam roller you in. Why the rush? Push the dates out till everything is in and checked and you are 100% happy.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ddv View Post
    BTW it's a new build i'll be the first owner which might be why the solicitor suggested this route...
    Sounds like you are using the solicitor suggested by the developer or the estate agent. They are trying to steam roller you in. Why the rush? Push the dates out till everything is in and checked and you are 100% happy.

Leave a comment:

• ddv
    replied
    BTW it's a new build i'll be the first owner which might be why the solicitor suggested this route...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X