• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

advice re. conveyancing and local search

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    To: conveyancing-forum.co.uk

Hello All,
    I am getting my first contract, have had my offer accepted and Ltd co ready to go.
    Basically everything is ready to go however the 'contract' has not yet been received.
    I am due to start on Wednesday and my agent has requested his percentage be transferred/paid in full in advance.
    I was told that we could still start on Wednesday WITHOUT a desk/login name/password/id card and was advised by the agent that I can take out an insurance policy with him for £29 to cover not ever getting paid.
    I was not told what the insurance is called nor how long it will last or any more specific details.
    Is this approach an acceptable one? My only fear is that the agent will stop finding jobs for me after Wednesday/completion - since I have transferred all the monies they will have little incentive to push for my benefit.
    any advice on next steps would be appreciated, i'm a newby to dealing with agents!
    nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Have you got planning permission for that playroom, though??
      It's an office dammit!

They're executive toys for stress.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It's an office dammit!

They're executive toys for stress.
        So that's what this is:
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          So that's what this is:
          That's just for when he needs to go to his happy place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            That's just for when he needs to go to his happy place.
            Ah. Peace and quiet.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Definitely don't exchange and complete prior to the local searches coming back.

What would the situation be if you found that a Bypass is planned through your house in 2015.

IMHO.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

stars aligned today - local searches received.

thanks for the advice and general jokes anyhow chaps!

Comment

Working...
                X