• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you getting a rate rise?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Who inherited the steamiest economic pile: Maggie or Cameron?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Most bobs don't eat beef. ClientCo laid on a beef curry for Diwali.
    That's why I suggested McDonalds. No beef in their burgers.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    As Derek Scott, Tony Blair's adviser said, "Gordon Brown inherited the best economy of any Chancellor in living memory", and so he did. And they've squandered it. They have spent and spent and spent.
    So Blair is responsible for lifting the UK economy to new heights, rather than setting it up for a fall?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am not convinced the conservatives would have done much different.
    Why?

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Andrew Marr Show | 'UK economy is a train wreck'

As Derek Scott, Tony Blair's adviser said, "Gordon Brown inherited the best economy of any Chancellor in living memory", and so he did. And they've squandered it. They have spent and spent and spent.

They were thrown out because whilst they kept the gold in the vaults they couldn't keep other things in their pants. Economy wise it was the best we had ever seen, the Tories put in regulation and supported business, New Lie took it away and crushed business.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Welcome to paying for 15 years of New Labour rule.
    I am not convinced the conservatives would have done much different.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I favour polices which reward the Rich and Punish The Poor.

For those whinging about rate rises - be thankful you;re still in a job. - for now.

Back to Work with you ,whilst I award a hard earned inflation pay rise of 240 per cent.

Dont you just Love Capitalism ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 25 November 2011, 07:50.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Are you getting a rate rise?

No, so why do Nixon Williams think now is a good time to increase their rates?

Time to shop around I think.
    This is an example of price inflation and wage deflation. I suspect the empoyees at Nixon Williams are not seeing much of a wage increase if any.

Welcome to paying for 15 years of New Labour rule.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

When did they last? And the answer is probably "because they're a proper business". I bet most of our clients put their prices up in the last 12-18 months...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I bet they got a really good price from the local (non-Hindu) Indian restaurant for that curry

Yes Sir, lots of curry, plenty cheapness

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Abolosh the minimum wage
    Bring in more bobs but at 50p an hour
    Take those on benefits and put them in work schemes in McDonalds so they can feed the bobs.
    Big businesses get richer and can be taxed more.
    Everyone a winner.

Sorted.

Vote MF for Prime Minister.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Increase the minimum wage requirement for imported workers and do not include expenses as part of their wage calculation. That should make locals more attractive to employers.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Don't abolish the minimum wage because you get a race to the bottom, simply make it easier to hire and fire people.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why? Has he got a gig working at home?
    He'll be at home (well until its repossessed). The gig and working looks like it will be building and using long wooden implements for sitting on.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Its an anonymous bulletin board for contractors to have a laugh, it's not your local knitting club you over sensitive plonker.

In which case why are you so sensitive about the comments you receive?

Are you IN a knitting club Russy?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X