• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Requests for Compassionate leave"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A dog is man's best friend.

A cat is man's slightly weird, obnoxious flatmate that looks down it's nose at you and then steals all your food.
    Cats are just gay dogs.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Cats are selfish evil little fookers.

They would make great IT contractors if they could type.
    I had cat that could type.

He was such a lazy little tulip he would hit the paws button and eat the mouse.

Leave a comment:

• Aman
    replied
    Ex line manager: "I have to go off to my mother's funeral, I'll be back in about an hour and a half to two hours"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Am not getting this? Why would a contractor need compassionate leave? They go when they want (with agreement from client ofc) and don't get paid for it?
    Why would they expect to get paid for not working?

Or is this just a troll post for some humour and jolly japes in General and has no factual content whatsoever which has completely passed me by??
    NLUK you are being too literal in your interpretation of the words "compassionate leave" and I suspect applying a permie flavour that isn't there
    Think of these more along the lines of the contractors were already on the premises and wanted to leave early because their budgies died etc

The clues are contained within the lines

she doesn't feel up to working the rest of the day
    but wanted to go home anyway
    HTH

More "true tales from the workplace"™ by troll
    Last edited by Troll; 23 November 2011, 22:30.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    No - it's normal. Spouses have rights that girlfriends/boyfriends don't.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They may get married now so he will be the son-in-law.
    Get married only after finding one is about to die? Bizarre. Or a rather gruesome ploy to get in the will.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    To be fair... he had been doing the daughter for some time
    They may get married now so he will be the son-in-law.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It wasn't the son-in-law, just the guy who was doing his daughter.
    To be fair... he had been doing the daughter for some time

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Am not getting this? Why would a contractor need compassionate leave? They go when they want (with agreement from client ofc) and don't get paid for it?
    Why would they expect to get paid for not working?

Or is this just a troll post for some humour and jolly japes in General and has no factual content whatsoever which has completely passed me by??

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I must admit the guy with the son in law who had terminal cancer would have been OK to go home in my book.
    It wasn't the son-in-law, just the guy who was doing his daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I must admit the guy with the son in law who had terminal cancer would have been OK to go home in my book.
    Russ - you have to learn to read the specifications better..
    Daughters boyfriend, not son in law

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's the Guinea pigs that are truly evil.
    Safe - she's not been around for a couple of weeks

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's the Guinea pigs that are truly tasty.

A few (about 15) years ago I wrote a system for employees to check in/out at work. At the client's request it had an option to give a reason for absence to be filled in by the manager. It included options for "Grandmother died", "Other Grandmother died" and "Yet another Grandmother died".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Don't let Zippy or Norrahe hear you say that!
    It's the Guinea pigs that are truly evil.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X