• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sent money to wife overseas...can claim as expenses?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    2k? Let me see; that's one posh handbag, two pairs of shoes and a bottle of perfume.

You'll need to spend more than that if you want her to go down more than once a year.
    You must have a really nasty penis.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeystone View Post
    My wife is of French nationality, I have sent her around 2k this year, thru a wire transfer

Where do I stand with expenses?

Cheers
    You're fine as long as you fill her up twice a week and make sure she's regularly serviced.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You have clearly never had a "wife".

It's a bloody tax!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    OK, on the off chance you are not a sockie - you stand nowhere with expenses - it is not an expense
    You have clearly never had a "wife".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Feck it. Why not?

Just put 'Fecking large super computer' on the balance transfer and create an invoice for a French company.

You may as well claim some of the VAT back as well.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Does she a grande lait dispenseurs ?
    You mean lovely jubblies?

Something I have noticed about French women is that they walk like they spent last night with the rugby team and look at you like they aren't sure if you were there or not.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    avez
    a
    Don't forget to get a receipt

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    How much have you sent her that wasnt on a wire transfer ?

According to HMRC '50% of wife wire transfer money is redeemable against expenses, 65% of wife brown envelope, 87% of cheque, and 0% of nicked out of your pocket while you were asleep'

Does she avec grande lait dispenseurs ?

avez

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    How much have you sent her that wasnt on a wire transfer ?

According to HMRC '50% of wife wire transfer money is redeemable against expenses, 65% of wife brown envelope, 87% of cheque, and 0% of nicked out of your pocket while you were asleep'

Does she avec grande lait dispenseurs ?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    My wife is of French nationality, I have sent her around 2k this year, thru a wire transfer

Cheers
    The problem you are going to get is that you used a wire transfer.

You could have just used your company debit card and withdrew a whole bundle of cash out of the ATM and handed that to her in an envelope.

I've had a look at the hmrc guidelines and it appears you might, just might get away with it as your wife is of French nationality.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Surely your wife is a depreciating asset and so cannot just be expensed but must be written down accordingly. As you seem to be a muppet I'd suggest doing this as fast as possible.

But as the OP is more concerned with maintenance of said asset I assume it's fully allowable.

IANAA

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Just £2K in one year?
    Fancy a wife swap?
    <OLD JOKE>My wife had her credit card nicked the other week, I haven't reported it. The thief is spending less than she was!</OLD JOKE>

Leave a comment:

• geoff from contracta IOM
    replied
    It's my understanding that only in Germany are you allowed to expense that type of service

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Cheers
    2k? Let me see; that's one posh handbag, two pairs of shoes and a bottle of perfume.

You'll need to spend more than that if you want her to go down more than once a year.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I really think this thread needs a wider, more creative audience. Moved to General.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X