• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Got myself in trouble…."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Is that a collective noun?
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Yup.

Seagull city.
    Age hasn't wearied your brain cells I see!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Bored in a few weeks? You will last that long?

I take my hat off to you Ken! You have great ternacity.
    Is that a collective noun?

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied

Probably not - good time killer though and cli. co. paying for this madness.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by keninparis View Post
    You're right. Always keep learning. I'll probably get bored in a few weeks and back to reading the racing post on a morning.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    At least that's something you are good at.
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    if my client wants me to pay me for sitting in usually pointless meeting all day - fine with me.
    At least that's something you are good at.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Haven't quite got the hang of this have you?
    You're right. Always keep learning. I'll probably get bored in a few weeks and back to reading the racing post on a morning.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Rule 1 - IMO never upset the lady.

As my totally inoffensive thread yesterday re: Bobs was removed my the admin crew, maybe this one should go too?
    by
    Haven't quite got the hang of this have you?
    Last edited by Wodewick; 24 October 2011, 09:29. Reason: Meant to call him a twunt!

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied

As my totally inoffensive thread yesterday re: Bobs was removed my the admin crew, maybe this one should go too?
    by

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    I always thought they were more like carpets than human (lay them right first time etcetc.)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I always thought they were more like carpets than human (lay them right first time etcetc.)
    You're heading out of what's acheivable, remember who the OP is...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Yep, she duly arrives with tea and biscuits.

You see chaps, women are almost human, they don't take much training at all.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That approach works with CM does it?
    Yep, she duly arrives with tea and biscuits.

You see chaps, women are almost human, they don't take much training at all.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    An alternative would be to walk over to where she sits, throw some jam-rags on her desk and say "You're obviously in need of these, love. We'll have a chat about this situation when you're a bit more rational! In the meantime put the ******* kettle on and make me a cup of tea!"

Churhill - In "The Gospel According to Gene Hunt!" mode.
    That approach works with CM does it?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
    Its pretty obvious she wants you.

Apart from that, the first email is a bit of an overreaction for a second division 'swear' word, hardly above 'damn', but nevertheless, not to be used with people you don't know, particularly your betters. She could just have been laying down boundaries, fair enough.

But the second email is well out of order, but may get you some cred from your co workers. Taking it to HR may backfire as its an overreaction and she will hold it against you - file it for later use if necessary.

Apologising in the first instance may have been correct, but after the second email you will just look weak if you roll over. Have some diplomatic retort about 'as much as you regret...etc. public admonishment is no more acceptable than mild swear words' if she raises it again. But better thought out, and put through your line manager. In fact your line manager should be raising the public slanging match thing with her anyway.

You should have just said no, unless its urgent, you're going home as you've been in the office since what o'clock. But without swearing.

Office politics, its a ****er, eh?
    An alternative would be to walk over to where she sits, throw some jam-rags on her desk and say "You're obviously in need of these, love. We'll have a chat about this situation when you're a bit more rational! In the meantime put the ******* kettle on and make me a cup of tea!"

Churhill - In "The Gospel According to Gene Hunt!" mode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X