• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Very short term accommodation - back of van?"

Collapse

• keninparis
    replied
    Could try one of those websites the back-packers use - sofa surfing or something. Could get a Bob too in one of these places.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I might get lucky and they'll be female bobs. Some stunning fembobs in Bollywood.

Talking of Bollywood:

Best Action Scenes Ever!!! (Indian Robot Endhiran) - YouTube

lol

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You going to share with Bobs then?
    I might get lucky and they'll be female bobs. Some stunning fembobs in Bollywood.

Talking of Bollywood:

Best Action Scenes Ever!!! (Indian Robot Endhiran) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Going to 'case the joint out' at the client site to find a suitable empty room where I can hang my 'Meeting in progress. DO NOT DISTURB!' sign on the door and doss down in my bed-in-a-bag.

Hopefully said room will be adjacent to the shower and kitchen facilities, then I can cordon the whole area off with my 'DANGER: ASBESTOS CONTAMINATION. DO NOT ENTER!' tape.

You going to share with Bobs then?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Going to 'case the joint out' at the client site to find a suitable empty room where I can hang my 'Meeting in progress. DO NOT DISTURB!' sign on the door and doss down in my bed-in-a-bag.

Hopefully said room will be adjacent to the shower and kitchen facilities, then I can cordon the whole area off with my 'DANGER: ASBESTOS CONTAMINATION. DO NOT ENTER!' tape.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Safer to stick with the van or some cardboard boxes, or as Tony suggested the supermarket bins.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    More likely what will happen is that they'll put you up in a shelter full of druggies and mental cases, who will nick your stuff and stab you with HIV infected needles, and that's on a good night. That's why homeless people avoid those places.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    There must be a grooming service available for the 'homeless' as you don't see them tripping over their beards.

That gives me another idea. Turn up at the nearest social services to the client and blag some free accommodation as "I've been kicked out by the landlord and have nowhere to sleep".

They usually put you up in a b&b or hotel when there's not a local hostel/refuge available. I'll book up all the cheap rooms then they'll put me up in the posh hotel.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    What about shaving and not ponging after a few days? Electric shaver and plenty of deodorant?
    Service stations tend to have facilities there.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What about shaving and not ponging after a few days? Electric shaver and plenty of deodorant?
    Yeah, it's a well known fact that it's impossible to shave in a van

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I doubt it's a problem for him. Working class people often smell.

Just had a brainwave. Forget about cleanliness, if I pong after a few days on site it'll just encourage them to let me work 100% from home.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What about shaving and not ponging after a few days?
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    friend of mine is a kitchen fitter and he more or less lives in his van all week, little bed built in the back, flat panel TV cooker, van heater, its no different to being a lorry driver sleeping in their cab and its your own space and you can wake up to a different car park every morning
    I doubt it's a problem for him. Working class people often smell.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    friend of mine is a kitchen fitter and he more or less lives in his van all week, little bed built in the back, flat panel TV cooker, van heater, its no different to being a lorry driver sleeping in their cab and its your own space and you can wake up to a different car park every morning

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    What Spaceman said

OK then, but in Chef terms, it's like someone incorerctly describing sparkling wine as Champagne.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Was there anything significant about yesterday?

Some planetary alignment?
    Change in the atmosphere?

M3 fooked all day because of two accidents
    M4 fooked London bound because of rubber necking a Westbound accident & everyone using it to get around the M3 problem
    M25 fooked & 3 lanes shut because some idiot decided to drive his or her car on its roof at junction 8 turn off
    Dived off at the M25 @ J10 A3 to avoid the delays and fook me there was a multiple pile up on the A3 London bound

WTF was going on yesterday?

Clue - you were in the South of England

Leave a comment:

Working...
X