• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The 32 Wittiest Comebacks Of All Time"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    I like the story about the BA pilot, slightly lost while taxiing at frankfurt airport. When asked by the tower 'what's the matter, haven't you been to frankfurt before?' He allegedly replied 'yes, I came here twice in 1944 but it was dark and I didn't stop'

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    A young Yorkshire fielder, having let a ball go through his legs for four, apologised to Fred Trueman (the bowler) - "Sorry Fred, I should have kept my legs shut."

"Aye lad," was the reply "so should your mother."

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Is that why you stunned, gagged and blindfolded yours first?
    This thread is called 'The 32 Wittiest Comebacks Of All Time'

Not the 'The 32 shit:tiest Comebacks Of All Time

Of which you place No 2, just after Suityou's 'But you're a bigger bedwetter' riposte.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Old Greg on his first time with a GF

OG - 'Brace yourself darling'
    GF - 'Oh look it's like a penis, but smaller'
    Is that why you stunned, gagged and blindfolded yours first?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I once heard this story, I don't think it's true but I hope it is!

It's from an old ex-army colleague, when he was serving in Germany, his kid was giving gip in the supermarket and so he gave the little swine a slap.

This German woman sees this and says;

"In Germany we do not hit our Children..."

To which he retorted...

"Well, in Britain we do not gas our Jews...."

Like I say, prolly not true....
    I also heard that one, although it was attributed to someone's wife. Probably an urban myth.
    Not sure if it was Churchill that said this or not, but I always liked the tale of when he asked a young woman if she would sleep with him for a thousand pounds.
    She thought about it briefly then coyly answered "Yes".
    He then said "Would you sleep with me for 10 pounds?"
    She immediately, and quite indignantly retorted "Of course not, what do you think I am?"
    He then finished with "We have already established WHAT you are. Now we are just haggling over a price!"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Old Greg on his first time with a GF

OG - 'Brace yourself darling'
    GF - 'Oh look it's like a penis, but smaller'

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    NLUK, try the advanced search function at the top of the page, or if you can't manage it:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/searc...earchid=554024

Alternatively, the CUK FAQ service is still live. See my signature.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    If sport is useless, then all leisure is useless; music, literature, film, drama, board games, computer games, recreational sex, eating anything other than soylent green etc. Such 'useless' activities are what give a person a life worth living; without them you're simply a cog in a machine.
    Yeah but Russell makes his own entertainment because he's ronery!

http://youtu.be/jdug6yHJB40

NSFW, sound!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    All sport is therefore pointless in which case all life is pointless, and in particular yours so FOAD
    If sport is useless, then all leisure is useless; music, literature, film, drama, board games, computer games, recreational sex, eating anything other than soylent green etc. Such 'useless' activities are what give a person a life worth living; without them you're simply a cog in a machine.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I once heard this story, I don't think it's true but I hope it is!

It's from an old ex-army colleague, when he was serving in Germany, his kid was giving gip in the supermarket and so he gave the little swine a slap.

This German woman sees this and says;

"In Germany we do not hit our Children..."

To which he retorted...

"Well, in Britain we do not gas our Jews...."

Like I say, prolly not true....

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What's up Russell? Not got enough mates to play with a Rubic Cube?
    ftfy
    Rubik's

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Anyone know what caused this particular 'comeback'?

Can't see it being anything so tame as:

Zidane: "You can have my shirt after the match"

Materazzi: "I'd prefer your sister"

Unless Zidane is very 'fond' of his sister.

So what's the truth?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    If I woke up one day I would be reaching for
    FTFY (I wish)

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    All sport is therefore pointless in which case all life is pointless, and in particular yours so FOAD
    Being called pointless from an Agent, the epitome of a pointless career. If I woke up one day and found I was an agent I would be reaching for

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Groan, cricketers aren't the wittiest bunch are they. Bit like Rugby pointless sport.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X