• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Can't get rid

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can't get rid"

Collapse

• Clever Hans
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I don't geddit

Oh. So who did it first?
    Click MTT's link above. I didn't.

Not that I would have needed to - Wodewick was so impressively macho in his dismissal I assumed he had been following earlier related threads like some sort of internet Heat-reading-soap-obssessive equivalent, so would have bowed to his superior wasting of time anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Poor fecker.

When I once arrived on the first day of a contract, the bloke I was replacing handed over the work to me - then I found out he hadn't been told he was terminated until the evening before.

Not only that, he was being screwed by his consultancy, who were taking 75% commission on what the clientco was paying them.

A born victim some might say, but a poor fecker just the same.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    FFS "Clever Hans"????

Could you ask Admin to change your login to ThickAsPigTulipAndSlowAsSuityHans
    Coffee is now dribbling out of my nose

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
    Oh yeah, I see now. Fair point.
    I don't geddit

Oh. So who did it first?

Leave a comment:

• Clever Hans
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    FFS "Clever Hans"????

Oh yeah, I see now. Fair point.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
    I see what you did there. Clever, that.
    FFS "Clever Hans"????

Leave a comment:

• Clever Hans
    replied
    From the other thread...

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <Getting agitated stuff>

Today : Both onsite Bob's pulled off the project owing to 'margin concerns'.
    Today : Suity told not only will I be the BA/BPM architect/Data modeller/Test script writer/UAT document writer/Trainer I will now also be required to be the lead developer.
    :
    <"Throws towel in">
    :
    Constructive crisis talks with PM ongoing
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Update 2.

The guy in question has been looking increasingly agitated over the last week or two.
    He had a couple of guys working with him, but apparently they couldn't take it much longer, so they've gone back to offshore for now. Not perturbed, he confidently declared he could do it all himself anyway, so has changed his email signature to read "Lead Requirements Consultant, BA, Developer, Tester, Assurance".
    Client still hasn't paid his agency, but he's putting a brave face on it, acting like the agency have paid his invoices (not sure how true this is).

Yesterday the PM gave him a bit of a talking to, it looked like he was out the door at 9:00am this morning, but he's been in with the PM most of the day begging to stay.
    I see what you did there. Clever, that.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Long story short.all the permies seem to think is beneath them.
    Think I've come across this one. Ask permie to run his own business. Simple.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Update 2.

The guy in question has been looking increasingly agitated over the last week or two.

He had a couple of guys working with him, but apparently they couldn't take it much longer, so they've gone back to offshore for now. Not perturbed, he confidently declared he could do it all himself anyway, so has changed his email signature to read "Lead Requirements Consultant, BA, Developer, Tester, Assurance".

Client still hasn't paid his agency, but he's putting a brave face on it, acting like the agency have paid his invoices (not sure how true this is).

Yesterday the PM gave him a bit of a talking to, it looked like he was out the door at 9:00am this morning, but he's been in with the PM most of the day begging to stay.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    No update on this, but one of the toilets near reception has been permanently out of order for weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Would not work on MF - he's got skin thicker than a pig, and he punches like a boxer.
    I'd be more frightened of him sitting on me. He's a fatty fat fat fat little man. I think he and Threaded must be twins. Threaded got the brains of course.

Leave a comment:

• robin
    replied
    What bothers me most with this is the fact the client told the agent to stop paying them, thats bad to think they would do that!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Why don't you send him a PM?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...king-free.html

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Would not work on MF - he's got skin thicker than a pig, and he punches like a girl.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Is it the guy out of Office Space with the stapler?

Someone post that photo of SY for comparison...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X