• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Got phont call on behalf of liquidator of my rented flat"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is a 'phont' some kind of bling lettertype favoured by gangsta rap artistes?
    It's a unit of reluctance. Specifically, the amount of reluctance needed to overcome the apathy of editing a thread title

It is quite a large unit.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Is a 'phont' some kind of bling lettertype favoured by gangsta rap artistes?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Pffft 150 sq. m. in central Birmingham for a grand, you're worse at lying than my eldest kid and she's tulip
    It's around 2 miles from city center, which is central enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    I think you must have a mercedes too, everyone on the internet has them.

Pffft 150 sq. m. in central Birmingham for a grand, you're worse at lying than my eldest kid and she's tulip

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Does it come with squirrels?

That would explain the high service charges, nuts ain't cheap.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    150 sq. m floor space, for a flat? That's pretty bloody impressive. I have a 4 bed detached that has 150 sq. m. floor space.
    Aye - it's 8 flat block of good apartments in a great area.

Just asking, but what's someone with a software that is second to google, doing living in a rented flat in Birmingham?
    It might not be rented for much longer

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Just asking, but what's someone with a software that is second to google, doing living in a rented flat in Birmingham?

150 sq. m floor space, for a flat? That's pretty bloody impressive. I have a 4 bed detached that has 150 sq. m. floor space.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I thought the service was to pick up what non paying people have as links. Yout argument therefore stands up as a crock of tulip.
    I was referring to archive.org services which are free - if you don't like them then do something better or ask for refund.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Our crawl priorities are based on importance of pages where links are found.
    A 3 trillion link database and facing eviction from a crap flat in the Brum where you struggled to get a sofa for.

"The numbers do not stack up and with that I am out"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    How much did you pay for their services? None? Don't complain then, if you think you can do better than try it.
    I thought the service was to pick up what non paying people have as links. Yout argument therefore stands up as a crock of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Anyway search engines do look at content - my site was #1 on bing and top of page 2 on Google with not one single link in/out.
    Links start playing very big role in competitive queries, try ranking for "credit cards" without good link profile.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Shouldn't me taking the time to register an account and tell you my domain push it up the priority list above automated crawling?
    Our crawl priorities are based on importance of pages where links are found.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    What's the use of an internet archive that only archives part of the internet?

The whole system is broken. What happens if I have a site that has the best content in the world but no links to or from any other site (as I don't like them)? It gets ignored by everyone.

If nobody links to your site over time, that (fairly accurately) suggests your site is not interesting. Anyway search engines do look at content - my site was #1 on bing and top of page 2 on Google with not one single link in/out.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It means we don't have any data on that site - no backlinks and not crawled.

For your information we've crawled hundreds of millions of domains.
    Shouldn't me taking the time to register an account and tell you my domain push it up the priority list above automated crawling?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    One of them is me. A very good site may I add.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X