• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got phont call on behalf of liquidator of my rented flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Foogin hell, 750K could buy you half of Brum.
    The agent told him the price(50% premium).
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Does "not present in index" mean you have not crawled my site, or that you have no backlinks? The latter I can understand - but shouldn't I see something to demonstrate you looked at my site?
      It means we don't have any data on that site - no backlinks and not crawled.

For your information we've crawled hundreds of millions of domains.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It means we don't have any data on that site - no backlinks and not crawled.

For your information we've crawled hundreds of millions of domains.
        Yes but hitting the same domian each time?

By my evidence (and backed up by other posters on this site) you have not touched sites in years. You can qoute figures that make you think you are second to google but the evidence is never there at our end of the web.

Comment

By my evidence (and backed up by other posters on this site) you have not touched sites in years. You can qoute figures that make you think you are second to google but the evidence is never there at our end of the web.
          Ok, for last time already - either post here your site and URLs where you have backlinks OR PM me the details so that I could give answer, if you are not planning to do then I can't answer your question so leave me alone.

Comment

c'mon, you have spent 7 years writing an application that reads a web site, stores each link found and then moves on to do the same on each link found in said website. It is a 1st year uni project which can be done with a few hours work.

Comment

Why not just crawl the Internet Archive? Sorted.

They've technically got more URLs than anyone, as they have the same one many many times from over the years.

About as accurate as anyone (even Google) saying they have trillions of URLs, when only a certain percentage will still be live.

It's all in the marketing.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                They've technically got more URLs than anyone, as they have the same one many many times from over the years.
                No, they don't as their crawl is very limited, partly because they have to store full HTML and images.

Comment

c'mon, you have spent 7 years writing an application that reads a web site, stores each link found and then moves on to do the same on each link found in said website. It is a 1st year uni project which can be done with a few hours work.
                  Ok, why won't you do it and leave me alone? Unless you tell me precisely which site you expected to see in index and exact URLs where links are present to that site I can't answer your question on why it is not included.

Comment

No, they don't as their crawl is very limited, partly because they have to store full HTML and images.
                    Alexi, do you insist that you own the second company that got to 1 trillion URLs?

It is what you stated in this thread so I just want to know if you think that is true?

Comment

Ok, why won't you do it and leave me alone? Unless you tell me precisely which site you expected to see in index and exact URLs where links are present to that site I can't answer your question on why it is not included.
                      But you have 1 trillion URLs and advertise a website that claims to be the biggest domain name database outside google, shirley you should know all of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X