• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got phont call on behalf of liquidator of my rented flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What a waste of effort and resources for something whose only use is to generate spam.
    Spam is the least useful purpose of such index and also against our terms and conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Spam is the least useful purpose of such index and also against our terms and conditions.
      Thanks to your efforts, if I type "small Russian penis" into Google, this comes up!

Comment

Majestic 12 have hit my servers once in 5 years, the most pathetic effort of any of the web crawlers. I have 800 links to one of my domian names yet SKA still thinks it only has one.

Comment

What is the most useful?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What is the most useful?
            Depends on your objectives, for some it is identifying links that drive most traffic, for others it's competitive information on whether competitor is doing better/worse (based on link growth), or whether competitor is using spam or maybe spam is used against your own site - since anybody can check this data cheaply this means spamming is easier to detect and in actuality our system shows that best not to spam.

Comment

Depends on your objectives, for some it is identifying links that drive most traffic, for others it's competitive information on whether competitor is doing better/worse (based on link growth), or whether competitor is using spam or maybe spam is used against your own site - since anybody can check this data cheaply this means spamming is easier to detect and in actuality our system shows that best not to spam.
              But you still think you have more links than yahoo? Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                But you still think you have more links than yahoo? Yes?
                Yes, I believe we've build database that shows more external backlinks than Yahoo's Site Explorer however there are always exceptions to the rule particularly when it comes very small very new domains, even though we've become a lot better in this niche recently.

A good way to test is to look at some established domain and compare link counts - this usually is a good indication of crawl size because statistically very popular domains get linked to a lot.

Comment

You said you were going to buy an iPad and it didn't happen.

Comment

What I want to know is.....

Could your system be used to identify traffic to web companies/retailers who have a stock market listing. For example YellowPages and their new associated websites?

Could we use it as model for dirty spekulation?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

AtW you never answer comments about people saying their site doesn't get crawled.

I registered a domain I have a site on several weeks ago and it still reads "not present in index". I know there are some pages linking to it.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X