• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dealing with Bobs!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dealing with Bobs!"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I use the word 'bob' to describe an Indian running a marathon and Notallthere (who deserves his name) give me an infringement stating that I am being racist. Yet this BB is full of the use of the word bob.
    I don't remember that guy being in IT. And doesn't he live in England?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I use the word 'bob' to describe an Indian running a marathon and Notallthere (who deserves his name) give me an infringement stating that I am being racist. Yet this BB is full of the use of the word bob.
    Whatever you do, don't mention the war! I did once but I think I got away with it. :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    fooking racist...

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    When they reach Satyam, then that is rock bottom
    Another place I've been to had hired almost all of their IT Senior Managers in from Satyam, who were their main outsourcer at the time.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It's because you're a jock.

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Sadly there are some companies out there who are constantly Bob-burnt but keep going back for more! One has been through virtusa, sapient, zensar, and are now trying out a fourth bobshop with equally disasterous results.
    When they reach Satyam, then that is rock bottom

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    where there is confusion there is overtime!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    My last Bob in Bangalore said he had to leave with much speediness as his driver had arrived....

Thankfully lately I've been in SC roles or in previously Bob-Burnt orgs....
    Sadly there are some companies out there who are constantly Bob-burnt but keep going back for more! One has been through virtusa, sapient, zensar, and are now trying out a fourth bobshop with equally disasterous results.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    My last Bob in Bangalore said he had to leave with much speediness as his driver had arrived....

Thankfully lately I've been in SC roles or in previously Bob-Burnt orgs....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by keninparis View Post
    An interesting one. A few years ago, after 2 months into a contract, client (emergency services) had some cash to burn and needed to get SLA targets up to secure funding for next financial year. Recruited around half a dozen contractors in a hurry (10-15 phone interviews) so was a bit sceptical about what kind of crew would arrice. One in particular gave it large to me e.g. their rate, etc etc - made it quite clear to him wasn't interested in talking hot air and my rate none of his business. Knew he wouldn't last long but didn't bother to give him the heads-up. If I go into a contract with an incumbent contractor first thing to do (common sense) is get the sp from them (in private and quietly). Anyway this guy was out the door after 2 weeks and the one's who lasted the distance (2/6) were the quiet one's who got their heads down and delivered (my approach).
    Hi KiP all riveting stuff....but can you bleed radiators?

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    An interesting one. A few years ago, after 2 months into a contract, client (emergency services) had some cash to burn and needed to get SLA targets up to secure funding for next financial year. Recruited around half a dozen contractors in a hurry (10-15 phone interviews) so was a bit sceptical about what kind of crew would arrice. One in particular gave it large to me e.g. their rate, etc etc - made it quite clear to him wasn't interested in talking hot air and my rate none of his business. Knew he wouldn't last long but didn't bother to give him the heads-up. If I go into a contract with an incumbent contractor first thing to do (common sense) is get the sp from them (in private and quietly). Anyway this guy was out the door after 2 weeks and the one's who lasted the distance (2/6) were the quiet one's who got their heads down and delivered (my approach).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Most of the PM's I know fit that list!
    Chapter 3, ECNIRP Practitioners manual.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    1. They seem experts at making themselves look good.
    2. If something doesnt work the way they like, they'll blame someone.
    3. (Important one). They're all ******* clueless but wont admit they dont know something.
    Most of the PM's I know fit that list!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    1. They seem experts at making themselves look good.
    2. If something doesnt work the way they like, they'll blame someone.
    3. (Important one). They're all ******* clueless but wont admit they dont know something.
    Sounds like they should be in politics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X