• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: D'oh

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "D'oh"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Then please explain why it is so unusually quiet on here today? Observation would suggest the usual suspects are not present.
    All the unusual ones are though

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sasguru's not here because he's a permie. Dimprawn's not here because his mum's got a day off work and she's at home today and she won't let him use is hogging the computer's web-cam for her business.

ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What Mich said. Maybe the rest are getting some work done or raiding the stationary cabinet?
    Aye, it's so much easier when it doesn't move.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Then please explain why it is so unusually quiet on here today? Observation would suggest the usual suspects are not present.
    What Mich said. Maybe the rest are getting some work done or raiding the stationary cabinet?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Sasguru's not here because he's a permie. Dimprawn's not here because his mum's got a day off work and she's at home today and she won't let him use the computer.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    As Bank Holidays cause so much confusion on CUK, allow me explain. They are working days (Monday's usually) when permies for the most part don't go in to work but still get paid, so they are a bit like permie holiday. I realise these concepts take a bit of getting used to and need further explanation, but you can look them up. For contractors it means roads and office are unusually empty. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    As Bank Holidays cause so much confusion on CUK, allow me explain. They are working days (Monday's usually) when permies for the most part don't go in to work but still get paid, so they are a bit like permie holiday. I realise these concepts take a bit of getting used to and need further explanation, but you can look them up. For contractors it means roads and office are unusually empty. HTH.
    WHS

In addition there are some of the more annoying ones that seem to pop every now and then, like Christmas Day and Boxing Day. They're always annoying as sometimes even the sandwich shop isn't open on the way to the office.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JamJarST
    replied
    I am on contract in Aberdeen and they don't get or take the same bank holidays as England so ity is a normal working day. The embarassing thing is I just phoned the bank to complain thet the standing order for my salary due on the 28th has not been processed ....... "No sir it hasn't, the 28th was a Sunday and today is a bank holiday ...... "

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm "working from home" today as well
    Last edited by Jog On; 29 August 2011, 11:54. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Got a deployment at the end of the week and the entire team is based in Belgium plus we are behind schedule.

So done yesterday and today. Every penny counts.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I am almost finished listening to the Audio book of "Too big to fail".
    It is amazing how blind the bankers can be to their own rick and just how secure or insecure their own companies were up untill almost immediately before the whole model started failing and Lehman collapsed.

I almost feel like I cannot trust them with my hard earned. But you have to put it somewhere, right.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    So is it only us 6-7 people keeping the world ecomony running today?

I wonder if the world will notice a difference and find out that Sasguru and the likes are at home today doing nothing productive compared to them being in the office doing nothing productive.
    Well I just bought a blueberry muffin and a banana and the euro didn't collapse while I paid. The bank was not broken by the e2,30 card payment.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    So is it only us 6-7 people keeping the world ecomony running today?

I wonder if the world will notice a difference and find out that Sasguru and the likes are at home today doing nothing productive compared to them being in the office doing nothing productive.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Being a permie means I'm being paid very little to put my feet up.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X