• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

D'oh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on contract in Aberdeen and they don't get or take the same bank holidays as England so ity is a normal working day. The embarassing thing is I just phoned the bank to complain thet the standing order for my salary due on the 28th has not been processed ....... "No sir it hasn't, the 28th was a Sunday and today is a bank holiday ...... "

Comment

As Bank Holidays cause so much confusion on CUK, allow me explain. They are working days (Monday's usually) when permies for the most part don't go in to work but still get paid, so they are a bit like permie holiday. I realise these concepts take a bit of getting used to and need further explanation, but you can look them up. For contractors it means roads and office are unusually empty. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        As Bank Holidays cause so much confusion on CUK, allow me explain. They are working days (Monday's usually) when permies for the most part don't go in to work but still get paid, so they are a bit like permie holiday. I realise these concepts take a bit of getting used to and need further explanation, but you can look them up. For contractors it means roads and office are unusually empty. HTH.
        WHS

In addition there are some of the more annoying ones that seem to pop every now and then, like Christmas Day and Boxing Day. They're always annoying as sometimes even the sandwich shop isn't open on the way to the office.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Then please explain why it is so unusually quiet on here today? Observation would suggest the usual suspects are not present.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            Then please explain why it is so unusually quiet on here today? Observation would suggest the usual suspects are not present.
            Sasguru's not here because he's a permie. Dimprawn's not here because his mum's got a day off work and she's at home today and she won't let him use the computer.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What Mich said. Maybe the rest are getting some work done or raiding the stationary cabinet?

Comment

What Mich said. Maybe the rest are getting some work done or raiding the stationary cabinet?
                Aye, it's so much easier when it doesn't move.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Sasguru's not here because he's a permie. Dimprawn's not here because his mum's got a day off work and she's at home today and she won't let him use is hogging the computer's web-cam for her business.

ftfy
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

All the unusual ones are though
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X