• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Uganda

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Uganda"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I think Uganda's fairly safe these days. Museveni might be an asshole, but he seems to have got the place under control, perhaps because he's less of an asshole than Idiot Amin.
    I think most of the trouble is in the DRC in that region.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Returning back to the original subject. I spent a while in Africa. This is pretty cool!

Adrift Adventure: Africa’s No. 1 rafting company

Just down the road from Kampala.
    Cheers dude, will check it out.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Ah right, that'll be like that colloquial teuchter greeting you'll be hearing out in the Isles of Dobbers then, goes along the lines of:

'Yer maws got baws an yer da loves it'
    That would work if anyone on the Isle of Dobbers had a maw and a da :-)

Most have a maw and an 'uncle'.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Admittedly I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to travel, but ..

Uganda? What on _Earth_ do you want to there for?!

You'll be lucky to get out alive.
    I think Uganda's fairly safe these days. Museveni might be an asshole, but he seems to have got the place under control, perhaps because he's less of an asshole than Idiot Amin.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    <David Bellamy mode>
    And here we have an amazing phenomenon. A newcomer seems to have arrived in the chimp population. Watch the ugly specimen gurn and wink with a big grin on his face. Since his arrival primate researchers have noticed a huge fall in the IQ of the chimp population. Remarkable!
    </David Bellamy mode>
    Except that's unlikely, since David Bellamy was a botanist

David Bellamy was born in 1933. He began lecturing in botany at Durham University in 1960, becoming a professor in 1982. He has written over 45 books on botany, ecology and environmental issues and has presented around 400 television programmes.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Returning back to the original subject. I spent a while in Africa. This is pretty cool!

Adrift Adventure: Africa’s No. 1 rafting company

Just down the road from Kampala.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Admittedly I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to travel, but ..

Uganda? What on _Earth_ do you want to there for?!

You'll be lucky to get out alive.
    I wont even bother reading the rest of the thread but will say ..WHS !

Are you out of you rmind ?

If you are lucky to not get killed on the way to the gorilla safari by muggers, there are plenty of other ways like Ebola virus, disgruntled rebel sniper, killer mosquitoes, elephant trampling, mummy gorilla thinking you are perfect fodder to baby gorilla, baby gorilla wanting you as his pet and mummy gorilla abducting you etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Have heard that if you want to get on with the locals, in the same way as you would call people 'mate' in a pub, you should refer to them as 'mugu'.
    Ah right, that'll be like that colloquial teuchter greeting you'll be hearing out in the Isles of Dobbers then, goes along the lines of:

'Yer maws got baws an yer da loves it'

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    <David Bellamy mode>
    And here we have an amazing phenomenon. A newcomer seems to have arrived in the chimp population. Watch the ugly specimen gurn and wink with a big grin on his face. Since his arrival primate researchers have noticed a huge fall in the IQ of the chimp population. Remarkable!
    </David Bellamy mode>
    Ah, here comes CUK's resident knuckle dragger now. How goes that plan B of yours? Was it Lidl or Aldi your Bobs hit in the end?

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    do the 'gorrillas in the mist' thing.
    Oh, come come.

No need to go do far. Just get yourself a 3 month stretch in the Scrubs and you could do that every morning.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about politics as the girl opposite me has the most impressive rack.

Unfortunately she also bits her nails which has rather put me off.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmm. That SAS attack was quite funny so I will permit it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    <David Bellamy mode>
    </David Bellamy mode>
    Talking of primates!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Thinking about heading off to Ngamba island and hanging with the chimps
    <David Bellamy mode>
    </David Bellamy mode>

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Off to Uganda over Xmas and New Year. Anyone been before?

Looking for ideas on what trips to do, going to nip down to Bwindi and do the 'gorrillas in the mist' thing. Thinking about heading off to Ngamba island and hanging with the chimps (prior experience what with having to deal with AssG on here).

Anyone else been and got any other good spots?
    Have heard that if you want to get on with the locals, in the same way as you would call people 'mate' in a pub, you should refer to them as 'mugu'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X