• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Productive Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Productive Day"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    He did say it was a Suffolk Punch. Not only me making a cock of oneself today by not reading properly then.
    Whooooooooooosssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    The model is now made by Qualcast but I have an original :

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Now I'm confused....
    Sorry Dave, I thought he was spurting rubbish about bikes. I didn't realise it was just lawnmower rubbish he was spurting.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Spear and Jackson Number Three wi't Brass handle perchance?
    He did say it was a Suffolk Punch. Not only me making a cock of oneself today by not reading properly then.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    It's a cylinder mower as it happens.
    Spear and Jackson Number Three wi't Brass handle perchance?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Of course it is. Silly me.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    He has modified his rotary mower so the blades can be quickly replaced should he be tempted to take part in a lawn mower race.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Are such temptations really that spontaneous. or are they planned in advance?
    Considering the risk to his digits and possible catastrophic failure of his mower I would suggest a certain amount of premeditation if not outright intent.

Edit: I had been aiming for a Viz like informative, but condescending feel to the first response. Obviously failed.
    Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 8 August 2011, 11:54.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    He has modified his rotary mower so the blades can be quickly replaced should he be tempted to take part in a lawn mower race.
    Are such temptations really that spontaneous. or are they planned in advance?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    To quote Einsteins younger brother...
    "Eh?"
    My thoughts exactly. Could anyone translate into English?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think even by the standards of many threads on General you need to be elsewhere (well until DaveB returns tomorrow).
    Now I'm confused....

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Been thinking of doing this for a while. Finally got round to it thks weekend.

With marathon season nearly over, I pulled out my Suffolk Punch.

Removed cutting cylinder and git to work modifying the housing.

Have come up with a quick release mechanism involving 2 snail cams and a cotter pin.

Should now be able to switch between working mode and racing mode in 5 minutes.
    To quote Einsteins younger brother...
    "Eh?"

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Just got to add a locking nut and split pin to ensure that nothing comes loose owing to vibration.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I think even by the standards of many threads on General you need to be elsewhere (well until DaveB returns tomorrow).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X