• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nothing more special change baba's nappy"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The difference is RH is talking about a baby, you're talking about your mum.
    Are you sure? I thought he just copied the notes from the end of his bed.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Amateur.

Remove sides of nappy.

Then pull nappy from back to front in a wiping motion. Apply soft wipe or digging out of the herbaceous border depending on the depth of the offending item.

Then apply speed. A quick movement, once, twice, three times - depending on situation. Ensure child is placed at 180 degrees and the angle of movement is no more than 45 degrees, dependent on the situation. Hold legs between fingers accordingly (like holding a chicken) and with strength to ensure the angle of wriggle does not exceed the angle of finger hold. Move quickly and efficiently, ignoring all crying, whinging or general messing about.

Whip child up again at 45 degrees from the mat, before slipping nappy in place. Ensure no twisting and angling before ensuring child is in optimal postion and taping the sides up with minimal fuss.

In case of operational disaster (ie. twists out of the way, to slow to get wipes in/nappy on or tantrum etc ) prepare exit strategy which consists of 'FFS, what have you been feeding them', 'it was like the Exorcist you had to see it', or ' this is womens work, I'm a highly paid professional you know' make sure the excuses are in ready.
    The difference is RH is talking about a baby, you're talking about your mum.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Top tip learned while changing niece's nappies - pop a baby wipe over the bits during cleaning & changing just in case. Stops the stream of wee blasting all over the place.
    Amateur.

Remove sides of nappy.

Then pull nappy from back to front in a wiping motion. Apply soft wipe or digging out of the herbaceous border depending on the depth of the offending item.

Then apply speed. A quick movement, once, twice, three times - depending on situation. Ensure child is placed at 180 degrees and the angle of movement is no more than 45 degrees, dependent on the situation. Hold legs between fingers accordingly (like holding a chicken) and with strength to ensure the angle of wriggle does not exceed the angle of finger hold. Move quickly and efficiently, ignoring all crying, whinging or general messing about.

Whip child up again at 45 degrees from the mat, before slipping nappy in place. Ensure no twisting and angling before ensuring child is in optimal postion and taping the sides up with minimal fuss.

In case of operational disaster (ie. twists out of the way, to slow to get wipes in/nappy on or tantrum etc ) prepare exit strategy which consists of 'FFS, what have you been feeding them', 'it was like the Exorcist you had to see it', or ' this is womens work, I'm a highly paid professional you know' make sure the excuses are in ready.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    or eat anything. You need to cut short and then clean underneath. Remember 70% of dirt under your finger nails is poo
    It's good for the immune system.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Top tip learned while changing niece's nappies - pop a baby wipe over the bits during cleaning & changing just in case. Stops the stream of wee blasting all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Plan b - the baby change piss and poo screen, a transparent, flexible screen which allows you to change the baby without getting muck on anything but your hands.

The marketing could use some work...
    My idea is the 'baby cock sock', it could be made of sponge so easy to wring out, maybe add a chemical so it changes colour when wet?

See me on DD soon.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
    Have you experianced the holy trinity yet? The tulip, Piss and Puke during a single nappy change. It's quite something...
    the 'Holy Trinity' is obviously ecclesiatically opposed to the 'green ectoplasm'

which is something I am familiar with

Leave a comment:

• Cr1spy
    replied
    Have you experianced the holy trinity yet? The tulip, Piss and Puke during a single nappy change. It's quite something...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    ugh
    or eat anything. You need to cut short and then clean underneath. Remember 70% of dirt under your finger nails is poo

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Remember, even though you can no longer smell it, it's still under your nails. Don't chew them.
    ugh

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    and then the fart with all manor of fallout landing on your hand. I'm sure I'll look back and laugh one day. Not today though!
    Remember, even though you can no longer smell it, it's still under your nails. Don't chew them.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    and then the fart with all manor of fallout landing on your hand.
    Your baby farts out stately homes? Oooooh, if it farts out a Jag, me wantee!

Anywoo, are you a new parent/gparent? Congrats anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Some good ideas. Instead learning to change a nappy under 10 seconds is my aim for those next 18 months.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Oh - I don't know. I think baby boys have a specially timed skill of pissing all down your clean shirt just as you lean over to wipe their arse.
    Be glad its not girls. Mine seemed to aim for my sleeve and hit nine times out of ten. I took to wearing short sleeves and was thankfully I was working from home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X