• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tricky holiday situation"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Have fun Missus C, glad it was all sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I believe she was off to the lizard. if she is don't expect any communication for the week as its no signal central.
    I'm no diver but I've heard that's fairly advanced stuff due to strong tides?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    If you are doing this Shark Cornwall from Bude, Cornwall

Can you let me know how you get on please? I'm very tempted.
    I believe she was off to the lizard. if she is don't expect any communication for the week as its no signal central.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    If you are doing this Shark Cornwall from Bude, Cornwall

Can you let me know how you get on please? I'm very tempted.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I stayed in Padstow in the late 60s before it was commercialized. It cost £10 to rent a cottage for a week.. Looking at the place now; I wouldn’t want to go back.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Whereabouts in Cornwall? A couple of friends and I stayed in Bude a few years ago, although I didn't get a chance to try any surfing.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Currently sitting in McDonalds wondering how I'm going to tell MrC that I've left my purse on the bedside table with all of my holiday money...(
    You still use cash?

Diving off Cornwall.
    Ah, OK, Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    That explains a lot.............
    No wonder you headed for County Durham...........as far as you could get eh?
    Indeed. It's about the northern-most properly habitable part of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    A real woman would make her husband realise it's all his fault and then make him pay for it

HTH
    I’ve had that before.

“It’s you fault, you didn’t remind me to bring the keys.”
    But I did ask you if you had the keys.
    “But, you didn’t ask me to check to see it I brought them.”

But I did ask you if you had the keys.
    “But, that was in the house, you did not ask in the car.”

But I did ask you if you had the keys and I asked you in the car.
    “But, you didn’t ask if I had the right keys.”

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Currently sitting in McDonalds wondering how I'm going to tell MrC that I've left my purse on the bedside table with all of my holiday money and cards in it. (MrC still snoozing in the car.)

A frosty start to the holiday is now envisaged
    This is uncanny.

A week ago I set off to North Devon with the grandkids. We stopped off at Maccy D's and whilst they got some stuff, I went to the cashpoint.

Unfortunately, I had my card with me.

now a week later, I am 1K down, and wondering where the fkng fck MY sexual favours are coming from

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Just seen that fella at the Brixham Steam Engine Rally. He was one of the more normal looking people.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Anyway glad it is sorted, and whereabouts in Cornwall - I lived there for most of my childhood. On the coast or off out to sea?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    A real woman would make her husband realise it's all his fault and then make him pay for it

HTH
    Bitter? Nooo - shandy.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Currently sitting in McDonalds wondering how I'm going to tell MrC that I've left my purse on the bedside table with all of my holiday money and cards in it. (MrC still snoozing in the car.)

A frosty start to the holiday is now envisaged

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    PS. I found my wallet in my suitcase when I unpacked,

Sigh
    I never had you down as a ditz

If you are holidaying in the UK, why do you need special holiday money anyway in cash?

Anyway glad it is sorted, and whereabouts in Cornwall - I lived there for most of my childhood. On the coast or off out to sea?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X