• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""General" - Not as good as it used to be."

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    FFS. Don't have them all thinking we're shagging.

Jeez.
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Well it wasn't for want of trying!
    Do you play the guitar?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ah, I remember now. I joined in 1965 when CUK was on an analogue computer.
    I joined in 1962 and 1475(but cannot remember the login for that account)

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I joined in 1971 when we had a punched card forum
    Ah, I remember now. I joined in 1965 when CUK was on an analogue computer.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I joined in 1971 when we had a punched card forum. The mainframe run was on a Thursday so it took two weeks to get a reply to a post.
    You ever tried PM'ing the Admin.

Still the same.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I joined in 1982.
    I joined in 1971 when we had a punched card forum. The mainframe run was on a Thursday so it took two weeks to get a reply to a post.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bluddy ell. I see from profile I joined in 8th July 2005 and I think that was just the updated version. Now Rodger Rabbit, Threaded etc seem to have disappeared, am I the longest serving?

I think I should get an award if so. A bottle of vodka at least.

Talking of vodka I see aTW is also Jul 2005, so think we must have all had to sign on again as I'm sure I was ere first. Somebody should dig out the archives. Ah and arch bullies MF/SAS etc too. Distortion of history, I was here first.

I could of sworn I recall either Orangehopper or Hyperd tipping me off about a contract in Burgess Hill back in the 90s or does my memory deceive me?
    I joined in 1982.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bluddy ell. I see from profile I joined in 8th July 2005 and I think that was just the updated version. Now Rodger Rabbit, Threaded etc seem to have disappeared, am I the longest serving?

I think I should get an award if so. A bottle of vodka at least.

Talking of vodka I see aTW is also Jul 2005, so think we must have all had to sign on again as I'm sure I was ere first. Somebody should dig out the archives. Ah and arch bullies MF/SAS etc too. Distortion of history, I was here first.

I could of sworn I recall either Orangehopper or Hyperd tipping me off about a contract in Burgess Hill back in the 90s or does my memory deceive me?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 July 2011, 21:00.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I find that CUK has gone downhill since I joined.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    In quality what? Cretinism?
    Chutney tasting?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The caravan one?
    That one was particularly childish. Thank god its gone forever.

The fox hunting debates were legend though.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I remember being on a project reading one of the holiday threads and laughing so much, I had tears comming out of my eyes.

PM came along and asked if we should have a meeting to sort out what upset me so much

Last few holidays have not been so good.

The caravan one?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Did somebody fart?
    With posts like this I can see the OP's point. Dear oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Did somebody fart?
    Addressed the crease and followed through.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Overall quality of the forum an CUK in general. There are a handful of posters who account for 99% of the quality, the rest are noise.
    Did somebody fart?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    In quality what? Cretinism?
    Overall quality of the forum and CUK in general. There are a handful of posters who account for 99% of the quality, the rest are noise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X