• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nobody mentioned Norway yet?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Yup... that'll do it!

Is that the same "more democracy" that foists immigration & multiculturalism onto a population without a mandate to do so?
    AFAIK Norway has a parliamentary democracy where each party sets out its policies and then elections are held to determine the make up of parliament, so it's a bit far fetched to say there was no mandate for the government's policies.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Looks like he was in the Masons
    He mentions the Masons (including his membership thereof) several times in his Compendium, but makes it clear that they, as an organisation, have nothing to do with his cause:
    "The reason why multiculturalism was embraced in Norway and a majority of Western European countries was because of the cultural Marxist/multiculturalist alliance, an alliance dominated by indigenous atheist nationals and not Jews. Same can be said regarding claims against the Freemasons. According to the NS movement the Freemasons are a Zionist organisation. Being a Free Mason myself I know that this is not only a false claim but actually quite ridiculous. The Freemasons is not in any way political (I wish the organisation was, believe me) and it is true that they have a positive view on Jews. However, this is from a Christian religious context, where solidarity to Jews and Israel is important. The Freemasons is a Christian only organisation and no Muslim or Jew could become a member even if they wanted to. There are no political bodies within the organisation nationally or internationally."

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Norway's prime minister struck a defiant tone today saying the response to twin attacks that have rocked his country will be 'more democracy'.
    Yup... that'll do it!

Is that the same "more democracy" that foists immigration & multiculturalism onto a population without a mandate to do so?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Looks like he was in the Masons

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Maybe its because he acted alone, Muslim terrorists who have carried out attacks on the west tend to be in groups and affiliate themselves with a defined cause.

I doubt this guy has a network of training camps.
    I thought his cause was to create a Knights Templar group to rid europe of muslims.

I was interesting to see the press doing loops on this incident. It went from possibly AlQaida to a white guy with possible links to AlQaida to well he's just a lone nutter. I reckon there are a few other one's...Take your pick from the Facebook groups...could be anyone of them.

A funny take on this
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...esque-atrocity
    Last edited by lilelvis2000; 27 July 2011, 20:55.

Leave a comment:

• JamJarST
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I have wondered why the bombing has taken a back seat, so to speak, in the coverage to the island killings.

Is it purely to do with the death toll?

Conspiracy theorists might suggest that, in doing so, you do not have to use the 'terrorist' label.
    I think it is because the bombing was actually a diversion. He did that to keep the Oslo police busy while he carried out the mass shootings.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Tore Sinding Bekkedal was on the small island of Utøya, near Oslo, Norway. On Friday, 22 July, 2011

I wrote a Norwegian post explaining my experience at Utøya. I had taken this blog for dead, and had entirely forgotten that it was syndicated on Planet Debian. I don’t want to let Google Translate make this disaster any worse than it is – the translation of “bullets” into “balls” being particularly bad – so the international attention the massacre has garnered in consideration, I am writing an English translation of my experiences. I feel somehow duty-bound to make people aware of what happened, but I don’t want to get into anything else but a sober description of the events and some very brief reflections. There are many details I have chosen to omit.

Utøya: English version

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I saw Paxman trying to make out that anyone who questions immigration and multi culturalism is a psychopathic right wing killer.
    That's probably where things have gone wrong. For a long time, many people in Europe who wanted to discuss immigration policy were made out to be racists or fascists, when actually I think most of them just wanted to make clear what problems they saw and ask for solutions. Due to feeling unable to discuss their feelings many became more and more radical in their opposition to immigration and some have even built up a hatred of immigrants.

But now the whole thing has gone too far the other way; anyone who wants to point out that immigration can be beneficial (if managed correctly) can expect to be called a mad lefty.

It's one of those issues where it's very difficult to hold a sensible fact based discussion without someone being called a Stalinist and someone else being called a Nazi.

Just to be clear, personally I'm not anti immigration; in fact, I take the position that migration is almost impossible to control and that it's better to be prepared for it than to try and stop it. However, I find it disgusting that people who wish to limit or prevent immigration are so often portrayed as extreme right wingers; that kills debate, avoids the issues and makes it more dificult to solve problems.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 26 July 2011, 06:12.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
    EDL member on Newsnight states we are 5 yrs away from UK experiencing what has happened in Norway.

I'll give it 3 yrs.
    I saw Paxman trying to make out that anyone who questions immigration and multi culturalism is a psychopathic right wing killer. I will give the EDL guy his due he stood his ground and completely disowned violence and totally condemned the Norwegian nutter. Unlike UKuncut who refuse to condemn any violence.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    EDL member on Newsnight states we are 5 yrs away from UK experiencing what has happened in Norway.
    I suppose he's best placed to know.

Leave a comment:

• CoolerKing
    replied
    Correct.

There is polarization within my workplace.
    I now hear on a daily basis right wing extremist views from people I have know for decades, the like of which I thought I would never hear.

To tell UK workforce that it is ok to train non EU wokers on how to do your job so that in 3 months the company can make you redundant is am afraid going to kick off a rebellion big style.

Could name at least a dozen 'falling down' potentials.....only a matter of time before one goes 'postal'.

I'll give it 3 yrs.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Maybe its because he acted alone, Muslim terrorists who have carried out attacks on the west tend to be in groups and affiliate themselves with a defined cause.

Apparently police around Europe are now looking for 80 people to whom he refers, not by name, in his 'manifesto'.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Amazing how just because he is not a muslim he is not a terrorist but rather a "Nut-case" or a "Mentally-ill person" or "extremist". Nice BBC propaganda. Also this was a "killing-spree" as opposed to a terrorist attack.

Can anybody spot the word terrorist here:

BBC News - Norway massacre: Anders Behring Breivik 'acted alone'

Also no surprise to see the Muslim-basher (who's picture is an accurate representation of what he is) did not jump on this thread and start bashing christian extremists.

Leave a comment:

• CoolerKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I think the Norwegian government and people have been naïve. Norway has ended up with a polarization of culture and extremists being the same as the UK.
    Correct.

There is polarization within my workplace.
    I now hear on a daily basis right wing extremist views from people I have know for decades, the like of which I thought I would never hear.

To tell UK workforce that it is ok to train non EU wokers on how to do your job so that in 3 months the company can make you redundant is am afraid going to kick off a rebellion big style.

Could name at least a dozen 'falling down' potentials.....only a matter of time before one goes 'postal'.
    Last edited by CoolerKing; 24 July 2011, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• CoolerKing
    replied
    Only a matter of time before it hits here.

Apparantly he was 'solitary in his madness'.............if you beleive that you are living in cloud cuckoo land.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X