• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nobody mentioned Norway yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's now being described as a Christian Fundamentalist: Norway attacks: profile of suspect Anders Behring Breivik - Telegraph

Do we need to start talking about moderate and extremist Christians, or is that just silly?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That's pretty much what he says in his book - in fact, that's his core message
      I note you have removed the link to his book. I've emailed you my draft of my new book 'Buddha is a bastard', I'm more than happy for you to put that up.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        He's now being described as a Christian Fundamentalist: Norway attacks: profile of suspect Anders Behring Breivik - Telegraph

Do we need to start talking about moderate and extremist Christians, or is that just silly?
        Seems they're now all talking about his manifesto. Sky News stating that it has been copied and is circulating the Internet.

Comment

Looks like he's on some religious crusade, referring to 'the knights templar 2083' and will reveal all when he's in court on monday.

So looks like he's using this as a platform to launch his beliefs onto the world and all those gullible enough to side with him, which despite the sickness of his crime there will be.

I'm hoping the people slaughtered on the island weren't muslims and his motive for killing them was because the site was run by the ruling party, otherwise this could "open the gates of hell" if this is seen to be an act of war between religions.

BBC News - Norway suspect Anders Behring Breivik 'admits attacks'

Anders Behring Breivik, 32, described his actions as "gruesome but necessary", and said he would explain himself at a court hearing on Monday.

Mr Breivik has been charged with committing acts of terrorism, and is due to appear in court on Monday when judges will decide whether he should be detained as the investigation continues.
          WTF!? Should he be detained? At the very least this guy is a nutjob. Maybe they should give him bail.

Still pictures of him, wearing a wetsuit and carrying an automatic weapon, appeared in a 12-minute anti-Muslim video called Knights Templar 2083, which appeared briefly on YouTube.

A 1,500-page document written in English and said to be by Mr Breivik - posted under the pseudonym of Andrew Berwick - was also put online hours before the attacks, suggesting they had been years in the planning.

The document and the video repeatedly refer to the Knights Templar and to multiculturalism and Muslim immigration.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Amazing how just because he is not a muslim he is not a terrorist but rather a "Nut-case" or a "Mentally-ill person" or "extremist". Nice BBC propaganda. Also this was a "killing-spree" as opposed to a terrorist attack.

Can anybody spot the word terrorist here:

BBC News - Norway massacre: Anders Behring Breivik 'acted alone'

Also no surprise to see the Muslim-basher (who's picture is an accurate representation of what he is) did not jump on this thread and start bashing christian extremists.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Amazing how just because he is not a muslim he is not a terrorist but rather a "Nut-case" or a "Mentally-ill person" or "extremist". Nice BBC propaganda. Also this was a "killing-spree" as opposed to a terrorist attack.

Can anybody spot the word terrorist here:

BBC News - Norway massacre: Anders Behring Breivik 'acted alone'

Also no surprise to see the Muslim-basher (who's picture is an accurate representation of what he is) did not jump on this thread and start bashing christian extremists.
              I have wondered why the bombing has taken a back seat, so to speak, in the coverage to the island killings.

Is it purely to do with the death toll?

Conspiracy theorists might suggest that, in doing so, you do not have to use the 'terrorist' label.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                I have wondered why the bombing has taken a back seat, so to speak, in the coverage to the island killings.

Is it purely to do with the death toll?
                I think it's to do with him targeting children.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I think it's to do with him targeting children.
                  Not children. young political teenagers

Like him.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Not children. young political teenagers

Like him.
                    <wrestles with moral dilemma and wins>
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

It's not silly.

However due to the history of the UK we need to be careful.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X