• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bliar - Pimp My Book!"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Blair was on the front page of the times talking about the EU needing a leader, so europe can take on the USA , China and the emerging nations economically

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What book is he trying to flog as the paperback edition of his memoirs came out in March and on Radio 4 he seemed to be having a sensible discussion on Syria?

I think the problem for the media is that when he is available for interviews everyone grabs him and then tries to work out what questions to ask him.

Although I do understand why people want to hit him on the few occasions I've met him, (he was not my MP but the next one heading north) he seemed nice and decent. His wife however......
    I'm pretty sure his PR firm will tell the media exactly what questions they can ask him. Ask anything else and they'll never have him again.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Tony Blair the middle east peace envoy... great job you're doing there Tone.
    Now come on, he single-handedly overthrew the tyranical regimes in Egypt, Syria and Libya!

Or at least that's what it's going to say in his next book.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Tony Blair the middle east peace envoy... great job you're doing there Tone.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Bloke turns my stomach.
    whs. I think it's valid to compare Cameron to Blair, but not Blair to Thatcher.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Bloke turns my stomach.

I won't be lectured on democracy by scum like him...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    To be fair as a politican you've got to have a grudging respect for him, he did make the Labour Party electable and by anyones notion thats an achievement in life

You only have to look at how Cameron apes Blair to see how much he still colours the political landscape
    Wrong, the Conservative Party of the time made Labour electable.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It will be interesting to see where the book appears in Waterstones, in the fiction section would be my bet.
    When it first came out there was a campaign to get people to move copies to the Crime section.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    He just pronounced leverage as "levveridge" instead of "leeveridge".
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    You only have to look at how Cameron apes Blair to see how much he still colours the political landscape
    Yes, but Blair was Mrs. Thatcher in trousers. According to Andrew Marr.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    To be fair as a politican you've got to have a grudging respect for him, he did make the Labour Party electable and by anyones notion thats an achievement in life

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    decent?

He sold our country down the river for his own ego.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just heard him say something like 'the west needs a better plan for the arab world'.

Kind of like a junkie giving out lifestyle advice.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Might I say that I do.

He should have his head on a spike over traitor's gate to encourage the others.
    Mr G Brown would be far, far higher on the list.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    FFS He is selling his ******* book! I thought the Beeb didn't advertise!!!
    What book is he trying to flog as the paperback edition of his memoirs came out in March and on Radio 4 he seemed to be having a sensible discussion on Syria?

I think the problem for the media is that when he is available for interviews everyone grabs him and then tries to work out what questions to ask him.

Although I do understand why people want to hit him on the few occasions I've met him, (he was not my MP but the next one heading north) he seemed nice and decent. His wife however......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X