• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You'll have to pick up some beer on the way home"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I love going to Ikea to see the pikeys have a day out - you know bring the kids and Grandma as a treat you can have a hot dog and some meatballs.

FFS its a furniture store.....
    Anyone done the 20 meatball offering, think it's stepped as 10, 15 or 20 from memory. I did it once and I finished it. Felt sick though...

Birstall Ikea, 2007, there's a plaque up.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You've never been to Ikea have you, think Barad-dûr and you're halfway.

Last time I was in there I could hear 'We gotta get out of this place' by the Animals over the tinny sound system, I don't know if it was coincidence or they were trying to be funny?

I love going to Ikea to see the pikeys have a day out - you know bring the kids and Grandma as a treat you can have a hot dog and some meatballs.

FFS its a furniture store.....

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    'You'll have to pick up some beer on the way home from work tonight.'

The words that strike terror into my heart and make my blood run cold. An icy hand clutches at my chest and my vision starts to dim as I lose peripheral vision and my bowels turn to water. The hooves of the four horsemen of the apocalypse thunder in my ears and I understand what its like to know spine tingling raw fear

I hate going to that blooming Tescos

You've never been to Ikea have you, think Barad-dûr and you're halfway.

Last time I was in there I could hear 'We gotta get out of this place' by the Animals over the tinny sound system, I don't know if it was coincidence or they were trying to be funny?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hate shopping in supermarkets for proper things, but nipping in for beer or other treats seems different somehow

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. I suffer a sort of supermarket fatigue syndrome, the moment I enter one I feel all lethargic and sleepy. Now you mention it it doesn't seem half so bad since the missus started dragging us to Sainsburies instead of Tesco.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    yer. and while you're out, pick me up some beer and spam

SPAM?

Oh, yes!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Give me your email address, I'll send it over. :-)

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You really should get a job. Here , it'll do you good to get out.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Dont do this again.
    You really should get a job. Here , it'll do you good to get out.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Dont do this again.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    And?
    Get her to cycle to the local Tesco metro. Don't forget to hide the dark patches.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    she's still in her pyjamas
    And?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    She's got legs, send the missus!
    she's still in her pyjamas

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

The words that strike terror into my heart and make my blood run cold. An icy hand clutches at my chest and my vision starts to dim as I lose peripheral vision and my bowels turn to water. The hooves of the four horsemen of the apocalypse thunder in my ears and I understand what its like to know spine tingling raw fear

She's got legs, send the missus!

Leave a comment:

• You'll have to pick up some beer on the way home

Working...
X