• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You'll have to pick up some beer on the way home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh. I suffer a sort of supermarket fatigue syndrome, the moment I enter one I feel all lethargic and sleepy. Now you mention it it doesn't seem half so bad since the missus started dragging us to Sainsburies instead of Tesco.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hate shopping in supermarkets for proper things, but nipping in for beer or other treats seems different somehow
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        'You'll have to pick up some beer on the way home from work tonight.'

The words that strike terror into my heart and make my blood run cold. An icy hand clutches at my chest and my vision starts to dim as I lose peripheral vision and my bowels turn to water. The hooves of the four horsemen of the apocalypse thunder in my ears and I understand what its like to know spine tingling raw fear

I hate going to that blooming Tescos

You've never been to Ikea have you, think Barad-dûr and you're halfway.

Last time I was in there I could hear 'We gotta get out of this place' by the Animals over the tinny sound system, I don't know if it was coincidence or they were trying to be funny?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You've never been to Ikea have you, think Barad-dûr and you're halfway.

Last time I was in there I could hear 'We gotta get out of this place' by the Animals over the tinny sound system, I don't know if it was coincidence or they were trying to be funny?

I love going to Ikea to see the pikeys have a day out - you know bring the kids and Grandma as a treat you can have a hot dog and some meatballs.

FFS its a furniture store.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I love going to Ikea to see the pikeys have a day out - you know bring the kids and Grandma as a treat you can have a hot dog and some meatballs.

FFS its a furniture store.....
            Anyone done the 20 meatball offering, think it's stepped as 10, 15 or 20 from memory. I did it once and I finished it. Felt sick though...

Birstall Ikea, 2007, there's a plaque up.

Comment

Working...
            X