• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many Big Macs have you ever eaten?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that for real or some kind of elaborate joke?
    All of Kenji's stuff is for real. He's the one with the ultimate french fries recipe (Monday Links XXIII), the In-N-Out Animal Style Double-Double teardown and recipe (Monday Links XXX), and loads of other good stuff, more of which will doubtless make it into Monday Links in the future.

EDIT: and not forgetting Bringing Neapolitan Pizza Home (aka 'The Skillet-Broiler Method'), ML XXXVIII
    Last edited by NickFitz; 18 May 2011, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    One: only to learn I did not like it
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Obligatory Kenji Lopez-Alt link: The Burger Lab: Building A Better Big Mac

Go on then; another Kenji link that won't make it to Monday: The Ultimate In-N-Out Secret Menu (and Super Secret Menu!) Survival Guide
    Is that for real or some kind of elaborate joke?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Obligatory Kenji Lopez-Alt link: The Burger Lab: Building A Better Big Mac

I wish the UK had In-n-Out Burger.
    Go on then; another Kenji link that won't make it to Monday: The Ultimate In-N-Out Secret Menu (and Super Secret Menu!) Survival Guide

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I think I've seen that done on YouP*rn.

Edit: my mistake. It's the people that make the 100x100 burger:

There you go, NF. Spot the slice of gherkin in that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I doubt that I've had more than half a dozen Big Macs in my life. I enjoy a good burger, but the Big Mac doesn't seem to be a good burger.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The only problem with that is that if I drink what I want regular exercise is impossible due to the hangovers.
    Always have at least 2 nights off the booze between sessions is my mantra.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    My advice is eat and drink what you want, get regular exercise and you'll be fine.
    The only problem with that is that if I drink what I want regular exercise is impossible due to the hangovers.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Nah they come out with a new paper every week that reverses previous findings. My advice is eat and drink what you want, get regular exercise and you'll be fine.

He's right you know.
    I've just heard that Wham have split up as well

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    He's an outlier. Just like the 90 year old who's smoked 60 a day since they were 10, or the 70 year old who lives on some remote island without electricity or runnning water. They are notable not because they are still alive, but because everyone else who did the same is dead.
    Nah they come out with a new paper every week that reverses previous findings. My advice is eat and drink what you want, get regular exercise and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Thing I don't get is he is thin and has good cholesterol. Shirley that flies in the face of current medical advice.
    He's an outlier. Just like the 90 year old who's smoked 60 a day since they were 10, or the 70 year old who lives on some remote island without electricity or runnning water. They are notable not because they are still alive, but because everyone else who did the same is dead.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Thing I don't get is he is thin and has good cholesterol. Shirley that flies in the face of current medical advice.
    Last edited by russell; 18 May 2011, 15:21.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    no, I asked for salt in the states, 'for my daughter'
    jeez, the police came around, beat me with lead pipes and put me in guantanamo bay for six months

they dont do salt anymore. and they have different fat levels

all in mho of course

They are putting less and less salt on the fries, IMO. I have to pick up a salt sachet from the counter now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I'm more of a "quarter pounder with cheese" man
    Closest thing they do to a burger, agreed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X