• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Charcoal underpants."

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Good point about sprouts. But who has sprouts in a regular roast... can you even buy them this time of year?
    Frozen?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Good point about sprouts. But who has sprouts in a regular roast... can you even buy them this time of year?
    Sprouts are indeed, a winter crop (one of the few)
    but its always winter somewhere, and with globalisation...

you can get strawberries in winter
    and sprouts in late April

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Had SY02's family round for dinner.
    A nice roast chicken dinner with stuffing, and brocolli.
    There's your culprit. Brocolli. Another member of the Brassica family along with sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

I had lots of roast dinners and never had the problem you mention. Other foods, sure, but meat+potato+veg is pretty orthodox and balanced. Again... sounds like your bowels are too far into adulthood.
    Sprouts can be fairly trumpy.

But I suspect from the timing (meal, followed by trivial purSuities, followed by methane megatrumps) that SYs problems stem more from home brews consumed the previous day.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I had lots of roast dinners and never had the problem you mention. Other foods, sure, but meat+potato+veg is pretty orthodox and balanced. Again... sounds like your bowels are too far into adulthood.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I didn't know roast dinners were a prime fuel for flatulence. Maybe you should see a doctor. Unless you had cabbage with it?

A few other factoids to stand you well in your passage into adulthood.

Never force a tulip.
    Don't mix your drinks, particularly ouzo and red wine.
    When working away, women in hotel bars called Saffron want to be more than just friends.
    A red ring round your gentlemen is lipstick, whereas a green one may be gangreen.
    Did I mention never ever forcing a tulip?
    Avoid Kopi Luwak.
    Always be the first to get a round in.
    Burp the worm at least once a week.
    Treat anyone who's last name is that of a town or city with care.
    Anusol HC+ ointment is the best above all other similar products.
    Mankinis are also conversation starters, especially at barbeques.
    Popcorn can be deceptively binding in large quantities.
    Avoid anyone called Des like the plague.
    And never ever ever ever ever force a tulip.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I didn't know roast dinners were a prime fuel for flatulence. Maybe you should see a doctor. Unless you had cabbage with it?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Get a dog.
    Then you can enjoy the full aroma whilst being exhonerated of all blame

I suggest a labrador. or maybe a hyena, at least a hyena will laugh whilst you are shouting at it

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Then played Trivial Pursuit.

They have just left after an entire evening of me constantly doing roast dinner farts. Relentless, at least two deep throaty ones every minute. The whole room is smog ridden, and they just crawled out as if their lives depended on it.

The MIL made a passing comment as she left about getting charcoal underpants.

And guess what? They actually exist.

"Flatulence odour control products for those who care"

Long wait until Christmas though. Perhaps father's day.
    Bet your mother in law is as proud as mrs middelton, her daughter snagged such a class act.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Definately going to use the buff muff.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    KUATB

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Charcoal underpants.

Charcoal underpants.

Then played Trivial Pursuit.

They have just left after an entire evening of me constantly doing roast dinner farts. Relentless, at least two deep throaty ones every minute. The whole room is smog ridden, and they just crawled out as if their lives depended on it.

The MIL made a passing comment as she left about getting charcoal underpants.

And guess what? They actually exist.

"Flatulence odour control products for those who care"

Long wait until Christmas though. Perhaps father's day.

Working...
X