• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is your Resting Heart Rate"

Collapse

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Exactly 60. Comes in really handy if I forget my watch.
    Dont use it as an exercise watch though.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Exactly 60. Comes in really handy if I forget my watch.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Just checked mine...48-50

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    60 which is not bad when you consider I smoke, do minimal exercise & am generally unfit

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Mine used to be in the 30s/40s, and depthed out at 28.

That's what running and sport does.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    14 on one side, 13 on the other.

Should I be worried?
    Nope, that's perfectly unnatural.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    14 on one side, 13 on the other.

Should I be worried?
    No, it's quite normal for your species.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Very good, anything below 60 is considered athletic, wonder if it possible to get it down to 10 or 5 or 1 even. or 0
    Yes if you're a blue whale.

Next question?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    When I used to cycle a lot mine was about 40-45. I don't know what it is now.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    When I was in hospital after my heart attack I found that relaxing would easily drop my heart rate below 50, which is technically bradycardia and would set off an alarm on the heart monitor (that bleepy thing with the graphs).

When I was on the Coronary Care Unit this didn't really matter as they ignored it - they were keeping a close enough eye on us that they would be aware of a problem, alarm or no alarm, and a slow heart rate isn't uncommon in a ward full of people in the throes of serious cardiac problems.

When I was moved downstairs to a general cardiac ward on the second night, I found that somebody would come from the nurses' station up the corridor to check on me each time it went off.

By this time, I'd also taught myself the biofeedback technique: I could look at the monitor and deliberately slow my heart down until it triggered the bradycardia alarm. As there was no other form of entertainment to hand, I occupied the time that evening by summoning a nurse every fifteen minutes or so by the power of thought alone

When I woke up in the morning I tried it again, but they'd disabled the bradycardia alarm on my heart monitor while I was asleep

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Is 650 a lot?
    Not really.

That assumes you're a hyperactive hamster on meth though.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The bottle of wine ibhad first has taken the edge off.

But now off to bed.
    Is 650 a lot?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Well done, for being able to maintain your typing, if I had consumed a bottle I would be in hospital.
    The bottle of wine ibhad first has taken the edge off.

But now off to bed.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I've just had a bottle of whisky though.
    That would give me a resting heart rate of 0.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X