• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tired

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tired"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    That was always what got me. Quit all the bad stuff and I'd just stay awake for hours. It does wear off after a month or so though.
    does that include pot noodles?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Right. Gone 48 hours without an alcoholic drink of some kind(1st time in maybe 7 or 8 years)

Had no coffee and 3 cups of tea over the day

Total 1100 calories intake for the day with just trace fat.

30 minutes on cross trainer.

Not tired. Bright as a freaking button!!! madmad
    That was always what got me. Quit all the bad stuff and I'd just stay awake for hours. It does wear off after a month or so though.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Don't choke in your sleep fatty!
    Got a special pillow for that , thanks for your concern though

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    (I did fake a trip away last year for a few days and went and stayed in a hotel 3 miles from my house)
    May I suggest that perhaps you need a holiday from yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Maybe easier said than done.

Just come home from work and had soup for lunch. Soup?? Missus has dropped 14 pounds in two weeks on one of these lighter life diets in the meantime I've been exercising and put on two pounds and I'm still knocking back the booze to get to sleep and waking up knackered.

So I'm going to go for a vast drop in calories and not drink booze or tea/coffee for the next three weeks. Going to swap for green tea and water. Any other recommendations?
    If you're serious about losing the weight, try these

The chilli pill that burns off those extra calories | Mail Online

They actually work, I did a course last time I was wanting to strip the fat. You've obviously got to train to get any benefit.

If you've got a local aba round your way, head down there if you want to burn fat fast. Most of them have pad and bag sessions for oldies and fatties.

6 weeks and you'll seriously be in good nick. Kept me slim through the years of booze and birds.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I had 20 beers last night
    5-6 coffees today
    a few pieces of flapjack and 2 chocolate rolls in the morning
    lunch
    3 donuts in the afternoon
    and dunner

And I will be sleeping like a baby again tonight
    Don't choke in your sleep fatty!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Right. Gone 48 hours without an alcoholic drink of some kind(1st time in maybe 7 or 8 years)

I had 20 beers last night
    5-6 coffees today
    a few pieces of flapjack and 2 chocolate rolls in the morning
    lunch
    3 donuts in the afternoon
    and dunner

And I will be sleeping like a baby again tonight

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Minimum absorbation intake should be 3 x 30grams protein, 3 x 90 grams carb, 30 grams fat. Which if I remember rightly from my weight lifting days is 120 * 3 * 4 = 1440 + 270 = 1710. I must be on close to 3500 at the moment, so if I cut to say 1500 that's doable.

This lighter life diet the missus has started, she has three 'meals' a day which are 140 calories each. Ie. 420 for the day. That to me is just stupid and dangerous. Though to keep on line with the thread, she is knackered at the end of the day.
    You would do far better to cut your intake a bit less and do more exercise. Cut the bottle of wine, that's probably 500+, ditch the sugar in the tea, and do half an hour a day of proper aerobic activity like cycling or swimming.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I believe it's about 10 calories per inch Churchill. So let's just be generous and round it up to 20 for you.
    Careful mate or you'll cut yourself with that razor sharp wit of yours.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Minimum absorbation intake should be 3 x 30grams protein, 3 x 90 grams carb, 30 grams fat. Which if I remember rightly from my weight lifting days is 120 * 3 * 4 = 1440 + 270 = 1710. I must be on close to 3500 at the moment, so if I cut to say 1500 that's doable.

This lighter life diet the missus has started, she has three 'meals' a day which are 140 calories each. Ie. 420 for the day. That to me is just stupid and dangerous. Though to keep on line with the thread, she is knackered at the end of the day.
    There are women who have died from Heart failure on the lighter life diet.

Even 1000 calories a day is too little for the "average" woman.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    He does **** all apart from post on CUK, how many calories does it take to operate a keyboard and mouse?

Actually, as a matter of interest, how many calories are expended during a "J Arthur"?
    I believe it's about 10 calories per inch Churchill. So let's just be generous and round it up to 20 for you.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    He does **** all apart from post on CUK, how many calories does it take to operate a keyboard and mouse?
    Depends on a lot of factors like his height and weight.

Remember fat person needs a lot of calories just to survive so cutting down drastically means his body would go into starvation mode.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Six-pack? At that rate of weight loss it might be more like a toilet flap hanging down there.
    Now there is an image I really do not want in my head

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As a guy don't do the 1000 calorie thing. You need more than that to stay functioning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X