• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Not drinking coffee/tea will be harder than giving up the booze
    Try just drinking (plenty of)water. Personally I've never had a problem with caffeine, never had a buzz from it or headaches without it.

At the beginning of my current regime I did drink a lot of the Pukka De-tox tea. It didn't taste too bad but the smell can be a bit off-putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Try just drinking (plenty of)water. Personally I've never had a problem with caffeine, never had a buzz from it or headaches without it.

At the beginning of my current regime I did drink a lot of the Pukka De-tox tea. It didn't taste too bad but the smell can be a bit off-putting.
      I'll have a look at that. Just failed the first one. Went to get some green tea to discover the missus had thrown them out. Doing a calorie list at the moment. I've had 8 cups of tea/coffee today with sweetener, thats about 170 calories. I think why I've piled so much weight on is down to 15 cups of tea a day with sugar, two meals a day and a bottle of wine each night. If I can aim for 1000 calories a day intake, in theory I should drop nearly one stone in two weeks. Don't want to bump into you and CM in Lanzarote in a few weeks without a six pack.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I'll have a look at that. Just failed the first one. Went to get some green tea to discover the missus had thrown them out. Doing a calorie list at the moment. I've had 8 cups of tea/coffee today with sweetener, thats about 170 calories. I think why I've piled so much weight on is down to 15 cups of tea a day with sugar, two meals a day and a bottle of wine each night. If I can aim for 1000 calories a day intake, in theory I should drop nearly one stone in two weeks. Don't want to bump into you and CM in Lanzarote in a few weeks without a six pack.
        Six-pack? At that rate of weight loss it might be more like a toilet flap hanging down there.

Comment

Comparison time then eh? I bet I win, I've got a sixteen pack!

Comment

As a guy don't do the 1000 calorie thing. You need more than that to stay functioning.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              As a guy don't do the 1000 calorie thing. You need more than that to stay functioning.
              He does **** all apart from post on CUK, how many calories does it take to operate a keyboard and mouse?

Actually, as a matter of interest, how many calories are expended during a "J Arthur"?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Minimum absorbation intake should be 3 x 30grams protein, 3 x 90 grams carb, 30 grams fat. Which if I remember rightly from my weight lifting days is 120 * 3 * 4 = 1440 + 270 = 1710. I must be on close to 3500 at the moment, so if I cut to say 1500 that's doable.

This lighter life diet the missus has started, she has three 'meals' a day which are 140 calories each. Ie. 420 for the day. That to me is just stupid and dangerous. Though to keep on line with the thread, she is knackered at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Six-pack? At that rate of weight loss it might be more like a toilet flap hanging down there.
                  Now there is an image I really do not want in my head
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

He does **** all apart from post on CUK, how many calories does it take to operate a keyboard and mouse?
                    Depends on a lot of factors like his height and weight.

Remember fat person needs a lot of calories just to survive so cutting down drastically means his body would go into starvation mode.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Actually, as a matter of interest, how many calories are expended during a "J Arthur"?
                      I believe it's about 10 calories per inch Churchill. So let's just be generous and round it up to 20 for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X