• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Daily Mail Poll Fail"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    This was in the Daily Mail today. Typical some might say.

Hospital bosses admit 'some of our doctors can't speak or understand English' | Mail Online

I think has one to distinguish between two sorts of "Daily Mail" comment.

There is the silly sort like "Christmas celebration cancelled to avoid offence to Muslims" which just stirs up trouble based on some daft decision by one out of the umpteen councils. There are always daft decisions to be found if you look hard enough.

Then there are things like "asylum seeker in £1M pound mansion", "violent foreign criminal given right to stay in UK" or "foreign doctors not speaking English", like the one at top. Those are totally different from the first as (assuming true obviously) they raise genuine concerns that need to be addressed.

One should not ask why the Daily Mail prints them but rather why the Guardian and BBC do not.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe nobody reads the Express.
    If only Diana were here to save us!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Off topic but it seems odd at time why there are so many sneers at The Daily Mail but not The Daily Express, although on any day they both carry exactly the same tales of asylum seekers in £10m taxpayer funded mansions etc.
    Maybe nobody reads the Express.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ooooooooh that home page is horrid. Never knew it existed, my favourites link just points to the News Page.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I love getting the "wrong" answer on Daily Mail polls. The only problem is that there's never an easy way to permalink directly to the poll, so it's hard to enlist mates to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nick. Are you really a closet Tory? You do seem to know an awful amount about the Daily Mail. I think it may be a guilty pleasure!
    I've recently registered at the Mailwatch forums - that way I get informed about its greatest excesses without having to read the damn thing

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Home | Mail Online about one screen above the foot of the page.
    Nick. Are you really a closet Tory? You do seem to know an awful amount about the Daily Mail. I think it may be a guilty pleasure!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Off topic but it seems odd at time why there are so many sneers at The Daily Mail but not The Daily Express
    Here you go: Mailwatch "So-Called" Forum - View forum - Daily Express Chat

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Can't find that. Are you sure you didn't make it up?
    Home | Mail Online about one screen above the foot of the page.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

For those of you wondering what the views of the nation are:

You couldn't make it up
    Tut, tut. No references, citations, or even a link

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Off topic but it seems odd at time why there are so many sneers at The Daily Mail but not The Daily Express, although on any day they both carry exactly the same tales of asylum seekers in £10m taxpayer funded mansions etc. I suspect it because the former is a far more influential paper and not all their contributors are from the right. Much more worth reading too, some interesting articles at times like these:

What the Mayans can teach us about wind turbines | Mail Online
    Middle East unrest: Sunni and Shi'ite conflict threatens to tear the Muslim world apart | Mail Online

The Express on the other hand, as The Duke of Ed once famously remarked, is "a bloody awful paper"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    More likely the drugs.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    started a topic Daily Mail Poll Fail

Daily Mail Poll Fail

For those of you wondering what the views of the nation are:

You couldn't make it up

Working...
X