• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Airiel photo's are all very well..."

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I cannot get my head around that level of destruction.
    Ditto. I naively thought I was the only one who felt like that.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The Japanese people are handling this with incredible fortitude and dignity.
    Agreed. There was a segment in the news yesterday of a queue of people outside a supermarket.

It was perfectly formed and everyone was patiently waiting - summed up, for me, the way the Japanese have been dealing with this.

I really hope they catch a break soon what with the on going aftershocks and nuclear reactor issues.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Shocking.

SKA Ltd got a good client in Japan who is reasonably far away but still terrible, we made a substantial donation to Red Cross collecting money on behalf of Japanese Red Cross.

Not much more you can do.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Shocking.

SKA Ltd got a good client in Japan who is reasonably far away but still terrible, we made a substantial donation to Red Cross collecting money on behalf of Japanese Red Cross.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Makes you realise that no matter how dire your life can sometimes seem; there's an awful lot worse out there,

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    More pics at the Boston Globe's Big Picture (some duplicates).

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    But they dont convey the scale of the destruction in the same way..

Photos of Japan After Earthquake and Tsunami - Photographs - NYTimes.com
    Good point DaveB, well made.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think one of the most affecting for me is the photo of the two people looking at the body of their daughter in the driving school car.

They're all so sad. Awful, awful tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm finding this disaster incredibly sad. I know all disasters are sad but this one in particular is really getting to me

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My favourites, from a simply 'gosh' perspective...

Many are not suitable for gawping at, I think/hope these are OK.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That's more than can be said for the world's financial markets 'professionals'.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I can see #37 winning awards.
    Saw that one the other day. Very powerful.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Grim, grim, grim.

On par with a nuclear war.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I can see #37 winning awards.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied