• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pure Evil!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pure Evil!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Eew, that looks like it came from McD.
    It had Burberry all over it and plums in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Eew, that looks like it came from McD.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Trifle is evil, you're right. Disgusting, soggy devil's food.
    That's why it's so nice.

So you won't be wanting your portion? Thankyousoverymuch...

Om nom nom slurp.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Trifle is evil, you're right. Disgusting, soggy devil's food.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    German canteens tend to be quite good I find. IBM in Böblingen have the 2-3 meals of the day, a meat counter, a veggie counter, a salad bar, an Asian bar (cooked for you) and lots of puddings.
    I guess that explains why IBM prices are so high?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Jerk chicken and individual trifle with a free biscuit is your idea of Michelin-star dining? I suppose when Nandos is your idea of a classy date venue, you're easily awed.
    From the man who eats at McDonalds.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Jerk chicken and individual trifle with a free biscuit is your idea of Michelin-star dining? I suppose when Nandos is your idea of a classy date venue, you're easily awed.
    Let's hear your canteen menu for today

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    German canteens tend to be quite good I find. IBM in Böblingen have the 2-3 meals of the day, a meat counter, a veggie counter, a salad bar, an Asian bar (cooked for you) and lots of puddings. One of the many canteens at IBM in Poughkeepsie has a Subway and other chains in it along with onsite cooked stuff. Place I worked at in Hamburg was tip-top with fresh fish each day. I haven't been to the one where I am at the moment but do go through the menu each day and does look quite good. The only thing I find is that as an 'externer' you're charged more. When I was at a bank in Frankfurt we just used to go to the butchers round the corner and get a Schnitzel or Fleischkase Brotchen for a much cheaper price (or in the mafia Italian Pizza place with the waitress who had a gorgeous bottom but a sneery attitude.) The trouble is, a lot of places I work are not near a town center so you're stuck with the canteen and Germany tend to eat really fast at lunchtime (they've finished 3 courses while I'm halfway through my only course) and then all go for a stroll.

I did some work at a carparts manufacturers and lunch was walking over to the warehouse, telling the dinner lady what we wanted and that was thne shoved in the microwave. Another one I worked at, everyone got their meal and then a pint of beer, which was nice...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    There is a sweets area. Today's special is cream trifle in individual glasses with a small biscuit.

I can see it from where I am sitting. Its goading me. Calling my name.Dark fruit, bright yellow custard and cream, so much cream!!!! Aragahhhh!

Leave me alone!!!!! Leave me alone!!!!

Think of it as your just desserts for quitting drinking.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Current clientco has the best canteen I've ever been in as well. Shame it's in the other building

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I did a spell at JP Morgan in the city years ago. The canteen was superb. Roast every day, choice of other meals, salad bar, and profiteroles as far as the eye could see. On top of that it was subsidized to the point that you could eat a proper three course meal and have change from a fiver.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I worked in autoCAD's offices, they had a restaurant serving up amazing food and at cheap prices.

Not the sheet we are forced to go with

"I will have the pink stuff, that is the prawn, yes? the tuna is grey? am I right? what goes with the yellow stuff on that? what about the green stuff?"

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Current clientco is French, canteen is fab.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X