• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New agents tactic

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New agents tactic"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Actually yes it did. They never came back.
    I might try that tactic

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    wow. 'flirty fishing'

I heard about that a loooong time ago. did it work ?
    Actually yes it did. They never came back.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You sound like Alan Partridge.
    Well, it was the late nineties.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm sure the agent wouldn't mind Mich posting the photo, it might get her some new clients.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Does she play hockey?

She'll play anything Mich likes as long as he gives her some leads.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Agent sends me a linkedin invitation saying she wants my CV as she's looking for testers/test managers etc. So I accepted. Can't do much harm. Then she sends me an e-mail with her electronic photo business card, which includes a picture of a very fit looking bird, leading me to believe it may be her, and saying she'd like to meet up to discuss opportunities for the future. I look at her company's website and the same photo of a really very attractive woman is next to her name and profile.

Now I don't usually have much time for this kind of thing from agents, but she really does look quite fit. What's the betting that if I accept her invitation to meet up she's probably an 18 stone fat bearded bloke with a nasty skin condition?
    Does she play hockey?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    She probably is v fit - most female agents I've met seem to be. Thick as pigtulip too, which seems largely irrelevant for what they're hired for.
    It's like the car parts delivery ladies in the vans. Every one of them is drop dead gorgeous so garages will call them back in with parts so they can ogle. Kerching.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    wow. 'flirty fishing'

No.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    It did a bit

Back on topic-ish, the only Jovo's I've ever allowed into my home were two fit looking ladies.
    wow. 'flirty fishing'

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    It did a bit

Back on topic-ish, the only Jovo's I've ever allowed into my home were two fit looking ladies.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    1997-2000, I worked with an agency run by two ladies. One was a blond bombshell, driving around in a Vauxhall Calibra. With an engineering degree, she did all her own maintainance. Very smart - but not above using the bimbo stereotype to her best advantage.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    She probably is v fit - most female agents I've met seem to be. Thick as pigtulip too, which seems largely irrelevant for what they're hired for.
    1997-2000, I worked with an agency run by two ladies. One was a blond bombshell, driving around in a Vauxhall Calibra. With an engineering degree, she did all her own maintainance. Very smart - but not above using the bimbo stereotype to her best advantage.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Good lord.
    i think that means go commando

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Dear <agent>

having discussed your business card picture in private with selected members of the CUK congregation, I am happy to accept your invitation to meet up. Can I suggest a rather fine restaurant in my hometown, reputed to be the best restaurant in the Benelux? I'll book the table, and by the way, they have a small hotel with beds for guests.

yours rather randily

Mich the Tester

ps do you prefer boxers or calvins?
    Good lord.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Agree with MP, they do tend to be fit. Been taken out by a couple and they were both quality. Also had a group lunch and the 3 that turned up were fit as well.
    About 50/50 on the dozy front, a couple of them were well switched on, especially when it came to making cash and by the looks of things - spending it too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X