• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Movies?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Movies?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I enjoyed "Up".

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    There's always Inception. Quite clever.

I wonder how much Pete Postlethwaite was paid for his part?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Just seen another film I'd highly recommend - Deep Cover (1992)

I could have sworn the old boy was Rod Steiger, but apparently not.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Depp in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory was way better IMO, in terms of similar type of film.
    I hated that version of it, he got the part totally wrong, Gene Wilder had it right.

And they could only afford one Oompa Loompa.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Saw Alice in Wonderland a few days ago. Worth watching more than once, I think, But I HATED the soundtrack.
    The new one with Depp? I wasn't actually that impressed, saw it in 3D and was looking forward to it.
    Depp in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory was way better IMO, in terms of similar type of film.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Saw Alice in Wonderland a few days ago. Worth watching more than once, I think, But I HATED the soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    A friend said "Mein Onkel liebt Goldregen" is a good one.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I am back in the land of little English TV again.

Anyone got any recommends for movies I could download?
    Subscribe to lovefilm

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Just downloaded a favourite of mine to the iPad - ZombieLand, corking film if you like things like Shaun of the Dead. The intro sequence set to Metallicas 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' is a classic.

Edited, lets see if this video embed thing works: (NSFW)

Last edited by Durbs; 2 January 2011, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Good call on Office Space.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Get CUK - the greatest UK sitcom ever

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Or Hot Fuzz

Alice in wonderland is worth a watch as is District 9, Stardust, So I married an axe murderer
    Oh yes indeed.

I would also add Rat Race, Office Space and the Shrek movies for things to watch for a mindless Sunday afternoon of chuckling.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I am back in the land of little English TV again.

Anyone got any recommends for movies I could download?
    They didn't have the internet abroad?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I may be a a bit behind the times, but I watched Avatar for the first time a month or so back and thought that was pretty good.
    I found the film itself really boring, it was worth it in 3D but I would not watch it in 2D.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Or Hot Fuzz

Alice in wonderland is worth a watch as is District 9, Stardust, So I married an axe murderer
    D9 is quite good, a bit unusual too. Also fairly rare to see films in S.Africa, the accent always makes me think they're putting it on

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    How about a ZomRomCom (Shaun of the Dead).
    Or Hot Fuzz

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    How about a ZomRomCom (Shaun of the Dead).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X