• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm a grandad

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm a grandad"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    WRS, as a late December baby I have strong views on this.

Oh, and congrats, crack open a few extra bottles of bubbly this Christmas. You could even save a bottle to give to the grandchild in 18 years time.
    I am 3rd jan and my mother is 26th Dec. We are also accutely aware of this as well. It is surprising how many people think they have gotten away with it but we know!!!

BTW Scrag, get yourself down to Tiffany's or something like that and get her one of the charm bracelets and a first charm for her birth. You can add to it as she reaches milestones and then give it her on her 18th. It's not cheap but a lifelong keepsake. Well worth it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by rsingh View Post
    Congratulations mate

Remember, don't be tight and give her joint Christmas and birthday presents.
    WRS, as a late December baby I have strong views on this.

Oh, and congrats, crack open a few extra bottles of bubbly this Christmas. You could even save a bottle to give to the grandchild in 18 years time.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Granddaughter born early hours of this morning.

Will see if I can make it out tomorrow for the beers, as we are currently planning to travel to Devon on Saturday.
    You'll be needing a cardigain and some worther's originals

Congrats dude

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Just in time to buy an extra present or twenty for Christmas

Congratulations to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by rsingh View Post
    Congratulations mate

Or tell her you are are Muslim and 'don't do' Christmas.

Seriously - many congratulations.
    Hope your daughter is well.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Congratulations mate

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Time to cash in the play car and get a 10 year old Fiesta
    Already have a 4 year old Punto, will that do?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Wey Hey! Great news. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Congratulations!!!

Time to cash in the play car and get a 10 year old Fiesta

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    congrats

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Congrats indeed.

Excellent early Christmas present. Makes the rice cooker I've bought my Mum look a bit carp really.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Congratulations!!!! The best thing about Grandchildren - you can give them back!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X