• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weak landlord

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weak landlord"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Too many times I've taken a number of sneaky punches trying to calm it down.
    Riiiiiiiight!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    it they were proper pikeys they would have broken your knee caps and all had a go on your arse.

Count yourself lucky son.....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Added poll to wrong blasted thread...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Its not the first time Halfords have managed to wind me up, their staff just seem to have the sort of demeanour that, for me, pushes all the wrong buttons. Its probably down to lack of training or really bad management.
    Yup. Moronic.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So I was in the pub tonight and I put my coin down on the pool table and waited my turn, after an hour my turn was due (as I was keeping tabs on things) and my turn was taken by someone else (part of the new family of Irish (Dubliners, possibly pikeys)) that now seem to own the pub - the same folks that gave me the grief initially. My turn was denied by all of them.
    Here it all is............captured for ever..................

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Come on then, this fictional load of balls from SY is terminally dull.
    Trust me, My story is even more dull!

Starts off with a simple trip to Halfords to get a couple of new headlamp bulbs and have the fitter.
    I found the bulbs, using their in store flip chart
    went to pay for them, only 1 person in the queue in front of me but its still 10 minutes before I can pay because the girl at the till is stuck and needs the manager and can't/won't serve anyone else until she's finished with the current customer.

When I do finally get served i ask if anyone is around to fit them now. I'm told that there is someone and they'll be out in a minute.
    15 minutes later the staff member with the training turns up... he takes the bulbs out and they're quite different to the ones i've bought.

So I go back in, grab the right bulbs from the shelf, go to get them exchanged at the till. No queue this time! although a couple of other people hanging round the till area. I go the counter but the girl can't exchange them till the manager gets back!

10 minutes later, the manager turns up. Of course the other people hanging around are also waiting for exchanges.
    Eventually I get to have my exchange processed at which point the manager says "Before I can process the exchange I'll need your name and address for the system"
    After 40 minutes and still not having the right set of bulbs, no apologies, just the usual brain dead halfords stare, this was the straw that broke the camels back.
    My reply "You have to be ******* kidding me" ... I took a few deep breaths and managed to calm myself down instead of smashing his face against the counter.

Its not the first time Halfords have managed to wind me up, their staff just seem to have the sort of demeanour that, for me, pushes all the wrong buttons. Its probably down to lack of training or really bad management.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    One of the best ways to get in to a fight is to put money on the pool table. It signifies that you are king of the kill and woe betide anyone who touches your badass money. If people are already playing, it means you are now taking over their turf and will make them your beitches.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

I actually had my own mini public tantrum this weekend but that's another story/thread
    Come on then, this fictional load of balls from SY is terminally dull.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Alright, keep it civil.

I actually had my own mini public tantrum this weekend but that's another story/thread

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    obviously not
    Alright, keep it civil.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    WSBS

Never known or heard of a pikey not having a fight when offered - fk, even when not offered.

Look at me attempt fail.
    It was a sunday night, they were probably too tired after 2 nights of drinking and fighting to bother with SY

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So you went down the pub on your own on a sunday night, and waited for an hour to play pool against someone from amongst a group of ruffians that you do not like? What sort of a cretin does that?
    Sorry, this does not stack up and smacks of you concocting a story to try and help you lose your bedwetter status.
    Fail!!!!!

WSBS

Never known or heard of a pikey not having a fight when offered - fk, even when not offered.

Look at me attempt fail.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Have you never seen "Scum"?
    obviously not

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I recall getting into a "scrap" many years ago in Ayia Napa. A mate and I had decided to have a night out on the town dressed like figures from Blackadder's "Beer" episode. We had false plastic boobies, ostrich feathers sticking out of our trousers, and large rubber noses attached to our foreheads.
    This was all proving very satisfactory in the "get you noticed by birds" stakes, and we soon lost count of the number of times they were fondling said boobies in the various pubs. Things were looking very promising.
    However, when we attempted to get into any clubs, the bouncers were less than sympathetic and suggested we remove said appendages. Killjoys! SB, who had a few aboard by this stage, was having none of it as I could not see what harm they were causing. Anyway, after a few fruitless attempts, we came to a club with a South African bouncer who was, predictably, less than keen on allowing us entry. I may have suggested that he was just a "White Kaffir", or something equally harmless, and before I knew it we were rolling around in a dusty alleyway. I emerged soon after with a cut lip, and not sure if I landed any blows to him, but it was essentially the end of what had looked like a great night.
    Top Tip...........if you are intending on coming across as a "hard case", false boobs and a protruding forehead appendage are not a look you should be seriously considering.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Its only when he opened his mouth did I realise it was Ray Winstone
    Have you never seen "Scum"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X