• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weak landlord

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best ways to get in to a fight is to put money on the pool table. It signifies that you are king of the kill and woe betide anyone who touches your badass money. If people are already playing, it means you are now taking over their turf and will make them your beitches.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Come on then, this fictional load of balls from SY is terminally dull.
      Trust me, My story is even more dull!

Starts off with a simple trip to Halfords to get a couple of new headlamp bulbs and have the fitter.
      I found the bulbs, using their in store flip chart
      went to pay for them, only 1 person in the queue in front of me but its still 10 minutes before I can pay because the girl at the till is stuck and needs the manager and can't/won't serve anyone else until she's finished with the current customer.

When I do finally get served i ask if anyone is around to fit them now. I'm told that there is someone and they'll be out in a minute.
      15 minutes later the staff member with the training turns up... he takes the bulbs out and they're quite different to the ones i've bought.

So I go back in, grab the right bulbs from the shelf, go to get them exchanged at the till. No queue this time! although a couple of other people hanging round the till area. I go the counter but the girl can't exchange them till the manager gets back!

10 minutes later, the manager turns up. Of course the other people hanging around are also waiting for exchanges.
      Eventually I get to have my exchange processed at which point the manager says "Before I can process the exchange I'll need your name and address for the system"
      After 40 minutes and still not having the right set of bulbs, no apologies, just the usual brain dead halfords stare, this was the straw that broke the camels back.
      My reply "You have to be ******* kidding me" ... I took a few deep breaths and managed to calm myself down instead of smashing his face against the counter.

Its not the first time Halfords have managed to wind me up, their staff just seem to have the sort of demeanour that, for me, pushes all the wrong buttons. Its probably down to lack of training or really bad management.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        So I was in the pub tonight and I put my coin down on the pool table and waited my turn, after an hour my turn was due (as I was keeping tabs on things) and my turn was taken by someone else (part of the new family of Irish (Dubliners, possibly pikeys)) that now seem to own the pub - the same folks that gave me the grief initially. My turn was denied by all of them.
        Here it all is............captured for ever..................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Its not the first time Halfords have managed to wind me up, their staff just seem to have the sort of demeanour that, for me, pushes all the wrong buttons. Its probably down to lack of training or really bad management.
          Yup. Moronic.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Added poll to wrong blasted thread...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

it they were proper pikeys they would have broken your knee caps and all had a go on your arse.

Count yourself lucky son.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Too many times I've taken a number of sneaky punches trying to calm it down.
                Riiiiiiiight!

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X