• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: cats

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "cats"

Collapse

• Alf W
    replied
    Don't mess with your average cat.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Cats are pure evil. That's why I like them. Though I wouldn't own one.

If you're going to take pot-shots at them, bear in mind that they're classified under law as wild animals, not vermin. Wild animals harming/maiming/killing/torturing other animals is not illegal. Humans harming/maiming/killing/torturing animals is quite harshly dealt with.

Until someone comes up with a domestic animal, classified under law as a wild animal, that eats cats (or the law changes) - you're stuck.

I find a super-soaker, and mowing orange peel into the lawn quite effective against keeping cats away.
    Can't stand them. Horrible creatures.

Much prefer my Burmese python. Least it only kills the wildlife if I let it!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The answer's simple. Get yourself a cat.
    Make it a horrible cat-killing serial killer cat which only eats other cats so I don't have to feed it and always craps in MR PIKEY SCUM'S garden I would go along with that idea.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    They say dog is a man’s best friend and I can prove it.

I locked my dog in the boot of the car for two hours and when I let him out he licked my face and wagged his tail. When I did the same thing to my wife, she went crazy and tried to bite me.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    They say dog is a man’s best friend and I can prove it.

I locked my dog in the boot of the car for two hours and when I let him out he licked my face and wagged his tail. When I did the same thing to my wife, she went crazy and tried to bite me.

Leave a comment:

• landl
    replied
    Solution to cat problem

Get a dog.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Talking of which, wanna know my roadkill recipe for a catshake?
    I'm all paws. Sorry, ears.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Cats are pure evil. That's why I like them. Though I wouldn't own one.

If you're going to take pot-shots at them, bear in mind that they're classified under law as wild animals, not vermin. Wild animals harming/maiming/killing/torturing other animals is not illegal. Humans harming/maiming/killing/torturing animals is quite harshly dealt with.

Until someone comes up with a domestic animal, classified under law as a wild animal, that eats cats (or the law changes) - you're stuck.

I find a super-soaker, and mowing orange peel into the lawn quite effective against keeping cats away.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    You're probably better off avoiding eating top predators, they accumulate all sorts of nasty things in their flesh, or so I heard or have just made up.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    No, they don't. They're nasty and gamey and tough.
    My dear fellow, I disagree entirely, it's all in the marinating like any game bird and beast. If you follow these simple techniques, you will discover such wondrous flavours and textures not found in a commercially farmed chicken.
    I'll lose my Super Tramp title at this rate.

PS Don't buy cheap 'meat' curries from all-night curry shops in Westbourne Grove.
    Always buy your cat comestibles from a reputable Chinese take-away.

Talking of which, wanna know my roadkill recipe for a catshake?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Our cat just has a litter tray with a door.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Just seen this, oddly. Some more useful replies for you possibly:

Mumsnet Discussions - To ask you if this is illegal? Cat related. Discussions - Am I being unreasonable?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    No, they don't. They're nasty and gamey and tough.
    My dear fellow, I disagree entirely, it's all in the marinating like any game bird and beast. If you follow these simple techniques, you will discover such wondrous flavours and textures not found in a commercially farmed chicken.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I used to think that cats did nice little sanitised poos, like owl pellets or something. I also used to think that I had the most revolting and rancid bum in the animal kingdom.

Then I met Mrs EO and her cats. I was forced to concede defeat after waging a ten year rear-guard action. Despite being fuelled by ten pints a night, various kebabs, curries and tins of beans, I was eventually forced to surrender by Brewster, and her weapons of mass destruction.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    The answer's simple. Get yourself a cat. I've got two and I've not found a 'cat egg' in the garden for many years.
    Don't take this advice.

I've got a cat () and it tulips 2 foot from the front door and back doors, tulips on the decking, tulips on the front gravel drive, front lawn and back lawn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X