• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Small Heart Attack: Monday Links Will Be Delayed"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    For Heaven's sake, this is as bad as working in the public sector.

Me: "Where this week's Monday links?"

Public sector 'employee': "What links?"

Me: "FFS. We agreed you would have the links ready for Monday morning."

Public sector 'employee': "Err. The dog ate them."

Me: "You said that last week."

Public sector 'employee': "Oh. Err, Granny had a heart attack."

Me: "You've buried three grannies already. And five grandads."

Public sector 'employee': "Oh, err, no not granny, me."

Me: "What? You ate the links?"

Public sector 'employee': "No, had a heart attack. I had a heart attack, that was it."

Me: "What? You buried you? You couldn't do the links because you buried you?"

Public sector 'employee': "No, I had heart attack. I've been off sick. With a heart attack."

Me: "Riiiiiiight. A heart attack. Self-certificated too, I take it. Hmm. Thought so. So you couldn't post one little message - which is all that was required of you in an entire week - because you 'had a heart attack'? Just half a dozen links, copy 'n' paste 'n' post, but you couldn't do it, because of 'a heart attack'."

NF, are you quite sure it was a heart attack, and not just an infarction from realityhack?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Years ago I had felt similar feelings although very mild. It was at that point I drew the line enough is enough. Throughout my twenties my body never knew what a gym was now in my thirties the picture is very different.

Make a swift recovery Nick

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    that was a close one eh fitzy? time to take the wrapper of those choice dvd's and settle down for rest and recuperation. how long before you are allowed out to work and play?

did they put the blockage in jar?

have a bunch:

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

I am relieved to hear that you are going to be OK.
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Sorry to hear that Nick. Glad to see you're on the mend.
    Thanks chaps

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Loads of educational content for Nick to stuff his brain with and regurgitate here in future
    If I want a screenful of educational content, I can just read General

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Sorry to hear that Nick. Glad to see you're on the mend.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    No! For the love of God, No! Evening telly is bad enough, but daytime telly is aimed at the unemployed and unemployable. It will sap your will to live (and may even delay your recovery).

Veg out by all means but with a book, some music, a laptop, or a DVD boxed set, but NEVER with daytime telly.
    There's a difference between "DayTime TV" and watching TV during the day, if you've got extra channels. Loads of educational content for Nick to stuff his brain with and regurgitate here in future

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Yay, glad you're back. Look after yourself and veg out with some daytime telly.
    No! For the love of God, No! Evening telly is bad enough, but daytime telly is aimed at the unemployed and unemployable. It will sap your will to live (and may even delay your recovery).

Veg out by all means but with a book, some music, a laptop, or a DVD boxed set, but NEVER with daytime telly.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied

I am relieved to hear that you are going to be OK.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Christ on a bike!

Well done for spotting the symptoms and getting to the right place in time.
    Cheers admin, although as d000hg astutely points out:

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A bit worrying it took so long for our resident encyclopaedia though. Nick, get your nose outside an IT book a bit more, you're obviously a sponge for knowledge.
    I have to admit that deep down inside I knew what I should be doing by about three in the morning; the only reason I left it until almost six in the evening (and even went to sleep for a good eight hours) was denial, pure and simple. I found every single alternative explanation for my symptoms that there could possibly be, and then found additional evidence to back my misdiagnosis up. By the time each one was exposed, I already had a bloody good case constructed for believing the next. The fact that initially the symptoms kept easing off, sometimes for quite long periods, helped.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and even a lot of knowledge is no bloody good if all it's used for is identifying those areas of sand most suited to head-burying. Weirdly, even when I'd run out of options, I still went to the NHS website to convince myself I wasn't being a wally by calling the ambulance. I recommend the video on this page for anybody who has the luxury of time to watch it before hitting those three 9s.

In fact, here it is on YouTube:

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Christ on a bike!

A bit worrying it took so long for our resident encyclopaedia though. Nick, get your nose outside an IT book a bit more, you're obviously a sponge for knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Christ on a bike!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Cheers - there's a bus stop just outside both here and there, and I was advised that a couple of units may actually be good for me
    Like we said, listen to the doctor

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So where are the Monday links then?
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Can we have our links now please?
    Here you are

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Get a cab to the pub for a while OK?
    Cheers - there's a bus stop just outside both here and there, and I was advised that a couple of units may actually be good for me

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Great news. Maybe you'll be better than ever when fully mended.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBQTPf57fU

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Great news. Maybe you'll be better than ever when fully mended.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X