• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Heart Attack: Monday Links Will Be Delayed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Can I have your iPad if you "go"?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Hey! I asked first.

Comment

Get well soon Nick.

But take your time, don't rush it.

Best wishes.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Seriously, anyone know which hospital he's likely to be in?

I believe he lives in Nottingham, so presumably it's there somewhere.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Could just send him virtual flowers and grapes to his iphone, I'm sure there's an app for it.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

is more likely to be leicester royal

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I just got back home again - they get you in there fast when you need it, but they get you out again just as fast when other people need it more

Thanks for all your good wishes

To answer those who were curious about the whole situation: 48-year-old male, currently not overweight at 11 stone 8 (but was 13 stone odd at the start of the year), main source of exercise is walking to the pub (about ten minutes away). Blood pressure within operational parameters, blood cholesterol ditto.

I initially had some mild discomfort on Saturday evening which I dismissed as indigestion. Then in the small hours of Sunday morning I had a fair bit more, but it eventually seemed to settle down after a couple of Rennies so I went to bed around six in the morning. Felt fine rising at around 14:00 but by 15:30 the discomfort was coming back then fading away again, started lasting longer each time, and definitely assumed the characteristics of a tight pain in the upper part of the chest, spreading into the back and occasionally down the left arm.

I phoned the ambulance at 17:52. As my doorbell is a bit dodgy I then nipped around the flat making sure things were turned off as necessary and went downstairs to wait for them. They arrived at 17:58 and immediately hooked me up to the ECG in the back of the wagon. After taking a number of readings, they decided that although the decisive signs weren't there, the fact that each reading tended to be different from the one before and none of them looked right was a good enough reason to get me in ASAP. Phoning round, they found that the Coronary Care Unit at Glenfield Hospital had both a team and a bed on hand that could accept me straight away, so they whisked me up there. Upon arrival they hooked me up to an ECG, had a good look, then took me in for an angiogram; this identified a major blockage in the left anterior descending artery which they immediately treated with angioplasty and the installation of a stent.

The cool thing was that I was conscious for the procedure and could watch it on the monitor; also, as it's a teaching hospital, the surgeon was explaining everything he did in great detail to the students he had with him, so I was able to happily geek out on the process (doubtless assisted by the morphine) If ever you're down this way and you need an angioplasty in a hurry, I can highly recommend Glenfield

That was about it really; the chest problems went away as soon as they'd done that, last night they decided I could be transferred to general cardiac ward, and today they decided I could be turfed out with a huge bag of medication. Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Fixed!
                  Glad you are ok!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Good news
                    So where are the Monday links then?

Good to hear you are on the mend
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Good stuff, but take it easy ok?

Comment

Working...
                      X